Hi from Liverpool

Lego Cyclist

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Liverpool
Hi everyone,
I have returned to cycling after a 3 year break, commuting 9 miles per day. My knees are complaining so I have taken up the option of buying a pedelec via the Cyclescheme at my workplace. I should be getting my certificate any day now! Have chosen a Viking E-Go for a variety of reasons (price, portability, etc).
I am fortunate in that my route to work is almost entirely along a Sustrans cycle path, although in winter I will have to use roads due to the lack of lighting on the path.
On my commute via 'normal' bike I am regularly overtaken by a young lady on a pedelec and the sight of her gliding effortlessly up a hill (that I have to stand up on the pedals to conquer) finally clinched it for me, I had to have one!
I would love to hear from any fellow pedelec commuters in the Liverpool area. I will shortly let you know my impressions and experience of my new bike.

Andy

Lego Cyclist

Just Joined
Jun 24, 2013
Liverpool
Well, have had my bike for 3 weeks now and am really enjoying it.
One of the things I had not reckoned on was how much fun a 20" wheeled bike feels to ride, compared with my old 700c 'giant' ! It feels so much less serious somehow.
The extra help from the motor makes commuting a pleasure and even a couple of steep hills in both directions have not proved a problem.
One of the benefits of pedal assistance is that I arrive at work not needing a wash and change of clothes.
On the return journey I get home(at the top of a steep hill) and am able to hold a conversation, not gasping for breath!
The bike itself is very smart, only lacking decent mudguards. I will have to fix this before the rainy season starts. The power is not great, but enough to provide a very helping 'push'.
It has a servo brake on the back, which I had never encountered before, probably the cheapest option due to the rear suspension.
I have noticed a few suspicious glances from fellow cyclists and pedestrians, probably most of them have never seen an electric bike before.
My wife and 13-y-o son have both expressed a desire to inherit the bike when I get my next one, so it must be good!