Hi from Notts.

Tbolt

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Hi, just found this site.

Looking to get an ebike for myself and my wife who wants to keep fit now her cancer has returned.

We have nearly new hybrid bikes and Brompton’s.

Should we buy new e-bikes or convert our existing bikes?

Thanks
Gerry

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Hello Tbolt...been on here nearly 2 years myself...still ain,t got a clue what they on about...anyway welcome.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Hi Gerry, welcome to the forum. Don't get too bogged down in the techie stuff, you don't need to understand any of it to enjoy riding an ebike, many don't want to. If you have a nice bike that you enjoy riding and you can operate a cycle spanner, screwdriver and allen key, you shouldn't have too much trouble converting your hybrid bikes. Choose maybe a kit with plug and play connectors and a front motor and rack battery and there really is not a lot to it. Filing the drop outs for the motor to fit is about as technical as it gets. As more and more factory bikes become "closed system"(look that up on here if you don't know what it is) converting your own means that if anything does break after warranty period, it is fairly cheap to fix. If you want a starting point have a look at Woosh's offerings.