Hi, I'm from Hull, 71 years old and just getting back in the saddle

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
After an enforced lay off due to being unable to tolerate a bike saddle after prostate cancer. However I invested in a two part saddle and it works for me! I had been riding with one on my Brompton folder and a friend has swopped my Honda 125cc scooter for his Viking eco stepper, and so i have been able to sample the joys of an ebike at no cost.
At the moment I'm just getting used to the pedalling action and find it's all great fun, though the bike does have an odd tendency to switch itself off shortly after turning it on, though turning the ignition off and on seems to cure it.
Next year I hope to change up to a less basic model, but for now it's great to be back on two wheels and not bothered by head winds and the (very slight) hills around Hull.
Here's a picture of the gadget that make the life of the smallest part of my anatomy worth living!P1070788.JPG

Reactions: HelenJ

oldgroaner

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2015
Welcome and great that you're back on the saddle(s) !
Sort of a "Stereo" come back, isn't it? i must admit it felt a bit strange as the two sides are on Elasomer mountings and rock up and down as you pedal, but at least it works, no pain!

Reactions: hopbackguy

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs