Hi new convert

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Folks I am over 65 and suffering from circulation problems in my legs, which is restricting the distances I can walk, that is where I thought an electric bike could be usefull, if the legs started to get cramp in them I can still get home on the electric motor!
Well I bought a second hand Cyclamatic Foldaway which had an electrical problem(s) and after getting it home got out the tools and meters and found a couple of problems, battery/bike and rear brake circuit bad connctions which got the electrics lighting up and working.
Went round checking nuts and bolts, adjusted the gears and lubricated.
Time for a test drive (Not been on a bike for 20 years) so after setting up the saddles to not crush the remaining Crown dewels we departed up the road, on pedal assist the motor came in and I could not keep up with it even going up to top gear.
After now a few days getting use to it, I should have got one of these years ago it is soo much fun.
But still trying to get use to riding on the road with the motor traffic( Must get some brown trousers) water proof of cause.

Bob

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Thanks Tom starting to get the confidence back and going further each outing, find the gearing a bit low on the normal riding with pedle assist! may find it not a problem as I become fitter Ha Ha.

Bob