Hi newbee needs help please

Adam1978

Just Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Hunstanton
:rolleyes: hi all I'm new to pedelecs and this is the first forum for ebike I have joined.
I am in need of some help and advice, I have a cube reaction with the bosch performance line system and have an issue with either the charger or the powerpack 500
I've used a multimeter on the charger output and at best can get 4.9 something don't know if its resistance or volts? What shoud I be seeing? It is stone cold if left attached to battery overnight.
My battery is completely dead no indicator lights when I push the button.
I think the charger is broken and the battery is just flat. Has anyone had this issue? Does anyone have a battery or charger they can try with mine will donate for your time.
I live in hunstanton but work all over so can travel a bit. Please help

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Unfortunately, you can't test either yourself. Both devices use hand-shaking protocols before they'll give power. Only a Bosch shop can diagnose them unless you have a spare battery and charger to swap for testing.

It might be an idea to say where you are if you want help.

Reactions: KirstinS

Adam1978

Just Joined
Oct 15, 2019
Hunstanton
Hi thanks for your response, I have heard of some people getting 36v output but I can't get near that.
I did say where I am located hunstanton.

Reactions: Fat Rat

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you will not get any voltage from the charger or the batt unless they are connected as they need to communicate to each other to turn on and the charge the batt.

you can not test this so the best option is to take it to a bosch dealer with the diagnostic software.

if the batts bms is dead and has no power it is a bin job.

Brie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 11, 2019
I’m new to this too so not much help, but the chap sorting my bike is a Bosch dealer. He’s in Leicester and I’m sure you could find somewhere closer, but in case you don’t it’s Fix My Bike on Saffron Lane.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 25121

The first step is to check that the fuse OK in the charger mains plug. Test it using your multimeter in resistance mode or try swapping with a known good fuse.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Get a dealer to give it a diagnostic test might charge you (£40 - £60) but the test will tell you how many charge cycles it has had and the health of the battery % wise giving you a capacity rating and whether it has lost any. Bosch aren't diy able and if not careful you could brick it rendering it useless except for recovering cells for a diy build for a non Bosch system.

Reactions: Brie and KirstinS