Hi

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Hi my name is Steve. I am a 70 year old retired fire officer who has returned to cycling after aa20 year break to assist with health problems with my heart and spine. I bought a cheap normal bike to see if I could manage and was pleasantly surprised considering my severely restricted mobility walking. My physio suggested cycling but given my condition I was wary of venturing too far from home so someone suggested an ebike to allow be to get the best out of myself. I purchased a Raleigh Motus Crossbar a few weeks ago and it's the best thing I could have done. I use it without power for a good 80% of the time as it feels no different from any other decent road bike. What it does do is allow me to tackle routes I would never considered and cover distances I only dreamt of before I bought it. The Motus came highly recommended and after doing my own research I fully concur with their recommendations. Given the very high quality of frame and Bosch motor the £1650 price tag was more than reasonable. In fact, I consider it an absolute bargain. I look forward eagerly to next Summer though I will use it through the Winter provided it isn't too cold as I have to avoid inhaling extreme my cold air. I also look forward to some interesting times on this forum. Cheers.

• Agree
Reactions: Marko67

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Good luck. I've also just ordered my first ebike with the Bosch active line plus motor for a similar usage profile and am pleased to hear that you can pedal with the motor off most of the time...hope the weather gives us some nice winter days to tour around on our new toys! :)

Reactions: SteveB1262

SteveB1262

Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Good luck. I've also just ordered my first ebike with the Bosch active line plus motor for a similar usage profile and am pleased to hear that you can pedal with the motor off most of the time...hope the weather gives us some nice winter days to tour around on our new toys! :)
Andy, you won't have the slightest bother cycling with the motor off. Some gears work better than others but all but the highest gear are no problem at all for me. For others in a better physical state, none of the gears should pose any problems at all. You will like it that much that you will be itching to get out and be disappointed when the weather is against you. My wife is beginning to think I have a mistress somewhere!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • :D
Reactions: SteveB1262