Hi

FJC71

Pedelecer
Mar 1, 2020
Hi I am new to e biking I have been looking around this and other forums with a view to converting a Hard tail for general off-road and some on road use.

I have narrowed it down to a mid drive conversion but have a few questions.

Does anyone have some recent information concerning the long term reliability of either a TSDZ2 or BBS01 in terms of miles covered.

I like the Idea of a torque sensor but the TSDZ2 seems to have some issues, the one that concerns me most seems to be a tendency of the LHS crank to fall off due to a broken crank shaft. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this, is this a current issue. I have seen a lot of comment on various issues however the posts seem to be from a few years back so I was wanting to see if things have improved.

Can anyone enlighten me on any other current issues with this or the BBS01? Any tips on their use.

I am not considering hub drive, please do not comment on the comparative reliability, I see the benefits of these but I have been discounted them for now and I do not want to waste anyone else’s time or mine on discussing them.

This bike will be used mainly for leisure not commuting, off road and may be longer distances. As such hill performance and riding experience are more important than optimising reliability.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing