High quality Sanyo NCR18650GA and Sony VTC5A Ebike batteries starting from £140 - Hailong and Shark batteries also available!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Any info on shipping costs + could you do a case if requested?

I am personally not keen on the idea of a battery in a bag although I know many are, I am looking for a price on a hailong case (large) I am not too bothered about high AH if it keeps the costs down, maybe 10-14ah, a price for all possibilities would be cool.

Sanyo NCR18650GA 48v with continuous discharge rate of 20+amps

Darren2018

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2018
The P&P is included within the cost. I can make Hailong and Jumbo Shark packs but the cost per Ah is significantly higher which is the reason I do not usually make these for people. I currently have 1x jumbo shark case which can hold 70 cells, 2x Hailong 65 cell cases and 1x Hailong 36V 17.25Ah Sanyo GA pack. I will update my original post to include these if people are interested.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Darren, you should think of registering as a trader if you want to advertise your services.
Also, please don't take this the wrong way but to send batteries, you need UN 38.3 certified cases to house the batteries you produce.

Darren2018

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 18, 2018
Sorry Woosh I thought that I could save people some money by providing them with an alternative to the usual Chinese rubbish that people are selling. This is not a full time thing for me as you can probably see by the prices and quantities but obviously I do not want to break any rules or regulations so I will withdraw my offerings. Thanks for the heads up!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Isn't the UN38.3 for transportation means ,ie freight forwarding ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If Darren let peeps know his geographic locale then the option is always there for pick up or a sensible meeting place to exchange.

Reactions: Fordulike

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Would a Hailong case be UN 38.3 certified??
yes, all battery cases and assembled batteries are tested and certified to UN 38.3 - your battery suppliers (including me) must supply you with a copy on request.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Isn't the UN38.3 for transportation means ,ie freight forwarding ?
it is defined by UN regulations on sea and land transportation of Lithium batteries.
The regulations set out also how to pack, how to label and who to call in case of fire during transport. If my customers need to send back a battery, customers have to affix the Lithium battery label with our phone number and the diamond DG9 label, and we have to get our courier to collect it.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I meant does it need testing after being celled lol
yes, they all need to be certified, it's a legal requirement for e-bike batteries to be carried by any courier.
I've been tempted to build batteries for a long time, but the required setup does not suit small scale production.
This is what they test for:
T1: height simulation / Altitude
T2: Thermal test
T3: vibration
T4: shock
T5: External short circuit
T6: impact / impact
T7: overload test / overcharge
T8: Forced discharge
For rechargeable lithium batteries weighing less than 12 kg, e.g. Perform tests T1 to T5 and T7 with 8 batteries each. In each case 4 batteries are cycled 50 times in advance. It should also be noted that T1 to T5 must be performed in this order with identical batteries. For batteries larger than 12kg, the number of samples is reduced by 50%.

https://www.sgs-cqe.de/de/un-transport-test-un383.html

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Cool i'l have a read of that... one assumed that because the cell its self had gone through these test as long as the case was up to code it would be good to go - There is a few companies that sell batteries in a "pack" not in a case, does this mean they are breaking the UN regulation?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
one assumed that because the cell its self had gone through these test as long as the case was up to code it would be good to go - There is a few companies that sell batteries in a "pack" not in a case, does this mean they are breaking the UN regulation?
The case vendors (like http://reention.com/) don't need UN38.3.
The cell vendors (Samsung, Panasonic, LG etc including Chinese companies like Boston) all have to have their UN38.3 for each model of their cells.
The battery assemblers (Phylion, Boda, GEB etc) have to test each and every model that they build and sell.
Cell packs can't be tested, so it's illegal to ship them although vendors often supply the cell manufacturers certificate if you ask them.
They may get away with it by boxing them in 4G cartons for Lithium batteries.

Last edited: