High speed commuter and off road fun

georgehenry

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2015
Surrey
New-Haibike-sDuro-HardSeven-4.0-2020-Electric-Bike.jpg

I noticed this double chain ring hard tail mountain bike available for pre order in the Haibike line up.

Crank drive double chain ring mountain bikes are now pretty rare.

It has a updated crank drive Yamaha motor, 500Wh battery and hydraulic disc brakes in the very robust Haibike frame.

The opportunity the double chain ring provides is to effectively over gear the outer larger chain ring so that at 20 plus mph you are in the 15 tooth gear 7 to allow high speed commuting on the road without having to be in an 11 tooth top gear sprocket that would quickly wear out and there by benefiting from your rear cassette lasting much longer when used at higher speeds.

However the smaller inner chain ring and 42 tooth bottom gear on the cassette allows you to also benefit from a good selection of lower gears for off road fun.

Could this bike with the potential for really wide gearing form the basis of a perfect relatively affordable do it all bike?

I have put this thread in the speed pedelec section as to properly utilize what I have suggested you would need to remove the speed restriction.

Reactions: Woosh

Advertisers