How do you unlock Sine-wave Torque Simulation KT Controller

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Yes it is, but often when fitted to an OEM bike, the software is written to the bike manufacturers spec. and some features, esp. derestriction are locked. You can fit a generic version, which may give full access to settings, but that's not always the case.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Yes it is, but often when fitted to an OEM bike, the software is written to the bike manufacturers spec. and some features, esp. derestriction are locked. You can fit a generic version, which may give full access to settings, but that's not always the case.
Thanks for help this is the controller
It’s say speed limit hall sensor ?

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Switch on then press the up/down buttons for a 5- 10 secs, it should then enter the basic set ups. Use up or down to change a parameter setting then quickly press on/off button to move to the next parameter.

The speed limit is set in the display, the ultimate assisted speed is dependant on the motor windings rpm . 201rpm is approx. 15/16mph max, 260 rpm about 18/19 and 300rpm 22 -24mph.
Some oem KT displays have the speed locked in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Switch on the press the up/down buttons for a 5- 10 secs, it should then enter the basic set ups. Use up or down to change a parameter setting then quickly press on/off button to move to the next parameter.

The speed limit is set in the display, the ultimate assisted speed is dependant on the motor windings rpm . 201rpm is approx. 15/16mph max, 260 rpm about 18/19 and 300rpm 22 -24mph.
Some oem KT displays have the speed locked in.
Thank you

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The KT lcd5 should be the same as the KT lcd1,2 & 3 I have , they all use the same sequence to make adjustments.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Many thanks I can now get into settings etc even with speed increased makes no difference. Have you any idea what may need changing in settings

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Many thanks I can now get into settings etc even with speed increased makes no difference. Have you any idea what may need changing in settings
If the setting for maximum speed in the LCD doesn't work, then it's fixed in the software and is unchangeable. Make sure that P3 is set to 1, which will allow the maximum speed in all the 5 levels (1 to 5, not 0). If it's set to 0, you get a different speed limit in each level with maximum only in level 5.

Simonwwfc

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2020
Thanks guys checked everything you guys have said and no difference. So looks like only way is new lcd controller with new control box and possibly bigger battery maybe bigger 16” back wheel as that’s only 250watts

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Have you read this thread?

CycleEye

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 31, 2021
If the setting for maximum speed in the LCD doesn't work, then it's fixed in the software and is unchangeable. Make sure that P3 is set to 1, which will allow the maximum speed in all the 5 levels (1 to 5, not 0). If it's set to 0, you get a different speed limit in each level with maximum only in level 5.
Hi there. I'm having this same issue. I just bought a new KT LCD5 to replace my old one. The old one was still working on my conversion kit, but the display was damaged. I was able to unlock full speed on the old one.

For some reason, I have changed the maximum speed but it's still clearly slower with the new unit.

Any idea why this would be or I can try anything else? I've fiddled with all the settings and read around various threads without much luck.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hi there. I'm having this same issue. I just bought a new KT LCD5 to replace my old one. The old one was still working on my conversion kit, but the display was damaged. I was able to unlock full speed on the old one.

For some reason, I have changed the maximum speed but it's still clearly slower with the new unit.

Any idea why this would be or I can try anything else? I've fiddled with all the settings and read around various threads without much luck.
KT controllers use signals from the hall sensors to calculate the cut-off speed. The only thing you can try is to set the wheel diameter smaller and/or P1 higher. Please let us know whether either work.

Did you set C4=0 and did it work?

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
KT controllers use signals from the hall sensors to calculate the cut-off speed. The only thing you can try is to set the wheel diameter smaller and/or P1 higher. Please let us know whether either work.

Did you set C4=0 and did it work?
If you have a 26 inch # wheel and you set your display to km, but set the wheel size in your display to 16 inch, then if your display indicates 10 km/h you are really doing 10 mph (Also works for 29 inch # wheels - set to 18 inch)
# - where 26 inch / 29 inch is the combined diameter of the wheel and tyre !

Last edited:
Reactions: esuark