How do your store your e-bike?

Emanresu

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2019
I usually store my non e-bike on a wall mounted rack similar to the one shown below. But given the weight of e-bikes the wall or rack may not be up to it.

Anyone have the (almost) perfect solution to storing these.

Attachments

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I usually store my non e-bike on a wall mounted rack similar to the one shown below. But given the weight of e-bikes the wall or rack may not be up to it.

Storing without the battery installed, will make it much lighter. Probably light enough to use non e-bike wall racks...
Also, having the battery not on the bike means you can keep an eye on the charge level more easily. Very, very important!
Andy

• Useful
Reactions: Emanresu

Bus biker55

Pedelecer
Dec 29, 2019
Tyne and Wear

Storing without the battery installed, will make it much lighter. Probably light enough to use non e-bike wall racks...
Also, having the battery not on the bike means you can keep an eye on the charge level more easily. Very, very important!
Andy
I am very lucky, as I have a tern gsd which stores vertically on its own rear rack. Its just as well in my garage as there is the family car, the kids bikes my folding bike, my gsd and 2 vespas and 1 lambretta. I hope you find a solution. Mine is a bigger garage!

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
Hanging stuff off the walls is all well and good if you have the space but my walls are full of stuff already, so I just lean 2 of my bikes against the wall, ebike first and then a mtb. These 2 get the full security treatment, heavy duty chain and lock through the frames and a ground anchor alongside a wall anchor with a kryptonite ”D” lock and cable through the wheels, my 3rd bike is in a stand with no locks :D

Charliefox

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 11, 2015
Culloden Moor Inverness
I built a bike shed alongside the house in 2015 leaving a gap between my house wall and also between my neighbours garage wall. It holds 8 bikes, 3 are Ebikes which generally stay on the floor. 4 bikes are hoisted up on pully. It made me realise on looking at the price of hoists now on Amazon, from £12.50 each, just how much inflation has crept up in the last 5 years since I paid £8.25 each. That's about 11% per year! I have had the wifes Ebike conversion hoisted up. It weighs 23kg but doesn't seem to strain the 20kg load limit. To avoid the hooks distorting the under saddle I use a 20cm section of alloy tube. Used rubber sheet on flat roof which was so easy I did the same on the much bigger garage.let there be light from 25th October.JPGIn the Bike Shed.JPG