How does one create a quote?

ITSPETEINIT

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2006
Mere, Wilts
I am having considerable difficulty in creating a quote of part of a message in a reply . I have tried "copying and pasting" but the result is simply a transcription without the usual pretty format of a quote.
I have looked at every lead on the main page of the Forum without success. I even put "QUOTE" into the search dialogue box but I got some advice about something quite different (which, funnilly enough, ended in "OTE").
Help please
Peter

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
I am having considerable difficulty in creating a quote of part of a message in a reply . I have tried "copying and pasting" but the result is simply a transcription without the usual pretty format of a quote.
I have looked at every lead on the main page of the Forum without success. I even put "QUOTE" into the search dialogue box but I got some advice about something quite different (which, funnilly enough, ended in "OTE").
Help please
Peter
Hi Peter,

as you can see above, you can select 'Quote' instead of 'Reply' to quote the whole of the message you are responding to.

If you want to just use part of the text, you can copy and paste it into your reply and put QUOTE and \QUOTE around the text. Don't forget to put the [ and ] around them.

e.g.
I have looked at every lead on the main page of the Forum
On the text editor (row of icons above the text window) you can also use the Quote icon (looks like a speech bubble) with the text you want to quote highlighted. This will then place the tags for you.

Advertisers