How to disable cruise control? (KC-LCD3 )

John84

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2018
Leeds
I have an e-bike with the KT-LCD3 meter. I tried to disable cruise control by setting C7 to 0 but it doesn't work. C7 is set at 0 but cruise control still kicks in. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks

John84

Apr 17, 2018
Leeds
Does your controller have a pair of blue wires (cruise wire) with a 'loop connector' attached? If so, try disconnecting them.
I can't check without taking out the controller and battery from the frame. The shop that built the bike for me made the wires in the controller inaccessible but I am 99% sure it does have a blue loop connector as shown in the figure below (not my figure, found it on another thread here).

Assuming there is the blue loop connector in place, is it impossible to disable the feature from the LCD screen? I am asking because if that's the case, then I will just take the bike back to them and ask them to fix it. Thanks

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If it has the looped Blue wire then Cruise is set in auto mode and can not be disabled, you will need to access the controller and disconnect it. The C7 option only works if it is unconnected.

John84

Apr 17, 2018
Leeds
If it has the looped Blue wire then Cruise is set in auto mode and can not be disabled, you will need to access the controller and disconnect it. The C7 option only works if it is unconnected.
Got it. Thank you.