How to raise handlebars on a Halfords Crossfuse?

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
I want to raise the bars by about 75mm to 100mm. Last week in Belgium I noticed a lot of bikes with an adjustable handlebar stem (it could rotate about a pivot and be clamped high or forwards). But the stem itself looked a lot smaller diameter than that of the Crossfuse. I've also seen some simple extenders that look like they might just clamp on to the existing stem but there again the pics that go with them have what looks like a complicated bolt and rings running right through it.
Advice much appreciated
Mike

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
If you look around (ebay for example) you will find adjustable stems and risers (your 'simple extenders') for most sizes. An adjustable stem needs the right size for both the stem and the handlebars. The new style of stem and the way the bolts go looks more complicated than the old clamped stems, but is actually very easy. See for example
there are lots of similar pages and videos.

There are also raised bars, but these can be difficult to fit the brakes, gears etc to.

I've put risers on our tandem for about 2" (50mm), and am thinking a an adjustable stem as well for another inch or so.

MikeS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2018
Brilliant thanks. I will get one ordered. Looks like I can get one from amazon for about £10
Mike