How to wire headlight with horn to Brainpower controler

Nico

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2023
Hello everybody,
Which wires do I have to connect together.
Its a headlight with an horn.

Thanx

Attachments

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
You have to test the switch with a meter. One wire is IN and the other two are OUT. One of the OUTs will toggle connected and not connected to the IN each time you press the light button, the other OUT will be connected to the IN when you hold the horn button. The meter will tell you what's connected to what when you press buttons, so you'll be able to figure out which is which.

The next thing is to know the voltage of the light and horn. Are they 12v or 36v? If 36v, it's best to connect directly to the battery. in that case IN goes to the red battery wire. If 12v, it goes to the yellow lamp wire.

Without looking inside the light, it's impossible to be certain, but I'm going to assume that the black is ground, so it can go to any ground (black) wire in the controller. The other two go to the OUTs from the switch. You have to experiment to see which is the light and which is the horn by connecting the black to any ground, then touch either of the others to the yellow on the light connector with the controller switched on. One will beep, the other will shine the light.

The logic is positive power goes from the battery or controller into the switch and out through the horn and the light positive power wires. Those two positives connect to the two positive power IN wires on the light and horn, which are both grounded through the black wire. They've used a very unusual and confusing colour scheme for the wired. Normally the switch would have a red or brown IN and any colours except black as their OUTs. Those two colours should match the colours of the two INs on the light itself, which would also have the black ground.

Advertisers