Hub gears and throttle for £1,000

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Having gained a reputation locally as an ebike expert, I have been asked to recommend a bike with hub gears and a throttle for about £1,000.

The one that immediately springs to mind is eZee Sprint 8, but I don't know if it has a throttle.

The web page doesn't mention one, but something rings a bell that eZee bikes have a left hand throttle.

Can someone confirm one way or t'other?

Any other recommendations that meet the spec welcome.

http://www.cyclezee.com/ezee-sprint-8.html

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
They always used to have a l/h throttle but at one time had the EAF switched level power control, so I'm not sure now. The photo of the crossbar Sprint on your link definitely shows a l/h throttle fitted, so they probably still have them. Check with Cyclezee to be sure:

email: cyclezee@gmail.com

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
They always used to have a l/h throttle but at one time had the EAF switched level power control, so I'm not sure now. The photo of the crossbar Sprint on your link definitely shows a l/h throttle fitted, so they probably still have them. Check with Cyclezee to be sure:

email: cyclezee@gmail.com

Thanks, Flecc.

I'm not sure how interested the guy is, but I will shunt him in Cyclezee's direction and they can sort it between them.

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Having gained a reputation locally as an ebike expert, I have been asked to recommend a bike with hub gears and a throttle for about £1,000.

The one that immediately springs to mind is eZee Sprint 8, but I don't know if it has a throttle.

The web page doesn't mention one, but something rings a bell that eZee bikes have a left hand throttle.

Tonaro Esprit. Powerpedals website still has it on special offer at £999 delivered.

Last edited:

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Tonaro Esprit. Powerpedals website still has it on special offer at £999 delivered.
Good point, well made.

I will add it to the list.

Although strictly speaking, adding it will create a list.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Rob,

All eZee bikes are dual mode with pedelec and half width twist grip throttle.

In the UK and other countries where people drive on the left, the throttle is on the left, but a right hand or thumb throttle is a no cost option.
The eZee console allows various mode settings, full power with the throttle for UK and North America, 6 Km/h EU mainland mode, cruise control and EAF.

Shown below is the handle bars of the Sprint Primo with left hand throttle.
eZee prices start at £795.
sprint3_Uk_handlebarview_web.jpg

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks John.

That's two decent bikes which meet the spec, I wasn't sure if I would find any.

As I said earlier, I'm not sure if this guy is Freddie or one of The Dreamers, but I will pass on the contact details for you and Powerpedals.

Reactions: Cyclezee
C

Cyclezee

Thanks John.

That's two decent bikes which meet the spec, I wasn't sure if I would find any.

As I said earlier, I'm not sure if this guy is Freddie or one of The Dreamers, but I will pass on the contact details for you and Powerpedals.
Just one thing to add, eZee have a range of four battery capacities starting at 11Ah all the way up to 28Ah.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
There are several Woosh bikes to this spec at well under £1k, just to extend your list!
Are there any with hub gears?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks - again - flecc.

I could have checked myself, but I'm running a bit late so should be on my way rather than posting on here.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
No problem Rob, I have the good fortune of having loads of free time and little in the way of responsibilities.

I know that many do not have this luxury so I'm happy to help out with searches, links etc.