Hub motor problem

Andy Croft

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2015
Hi, a friend of mine has a problem with his rear hub motor it would clunk but not turn.I plugged my bike electrics to his rear wheel to see if it would run but it wouldn't, when I plugged it back on to my bike electrics you can hear the motor running but the wheel isn't turning. Any ideas please I am stumped.
Regards Andy.

D

Deleted member 4366

Your motor is running backwards. Disconnect the battery and short out the battery wires on the controller side to discharge the capacitor (small spark is normal and harmess). Reconnect and see if it goes the right way. If it doesn't try again until it does.

If your controller has the self-learning wires. The procedure is slightly different. You disconnect the battery, connect the self-learning wires and wait until the motor turns forward by itself, then switch off and disconnect the SLWs.

Andy Croft

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 2, 2015
Hi d8veh, thanks for the quick reply only just got a bit of time of work to try the first option, unfortunately it didn't work. Not sure which are the self-learning wires If you could explain in a bit more detail please as I am a bit of a novice at electrickery.
Regards Andy.

D

Deleted member 4366

You need to show a photo of the wires from the controller.

D

Deleted member 4366

You havethe self-learn wires, so you can do the self-learning procedure to get it back to how it was. They're the single white wires that connect together.

You also have a pair of singlegrey wires. If it's not the white ones, it could be the grey ones. If you leave the self-learning wires connected, your controller can change its settings, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's them. The other pair then would be perhaps speed restriction.

Advertisers