I got shouted at today while cycling... 3 times wtf

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Sadly I don't have a helmet cam to get some of the funny stuff I see on the roads.

Anyway it seems with the recent accidents and cycle safety being a big thing some people are going way way way over the top and feel the need to shout at cyclists, mostly people who have no idea what they are talking about. Maybe as it's sunday they let all these people out or something but anyway todays comments.

1 - in the middle of wandsworth common on a dual use path, I slow down to less than walking speed as I see someone walking with a child and a dog then another few meters along pass some other people who call out "careful of trucks" so I look around confused and just shout back "they don't drive across the common, too many trees"

2 - I'm cycling along clapham junction highstreet thing past a parked truck that is clearly unloading big cages, someone who I assume is the driver then shouts from the cab "look at what you are doing, I could pull away and you would get yourself killed" which is total rubbish as the back of the truck is open and has other people loading stuff

3 - Turning right at some except buses and cyclists lights and have a bus driver shout at me no right turn as he also turns right

I really hope this isn't the future of london cycling to have people shout useless comments at you while cycling.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Maybe a need for a hi-viz vest endorsed in large letters front and back with: "I AM DEAF". :)

billadie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2010
Tewkesbury
Maybe a need for a hi-viz vest endorsed in large letters front and back with: "I AM DEAF". :)
Last thing you need, someone trying sign language whilst phoning and driving a truck. Might spill their coffee.

Advertisers