Woosh I Need a Battery for my Woosh Big Bear

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hatti said she'll get in touch with you tomorrow.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I've just had my wife's Big Bear battery recelled by Jimmy. He arranged a courier to pick up the old one, did the job and returned by courier - took about 7 days.
He used 2170 cells (Samsungs I think) and managed to up the capacity to a very respectable 19Ah. Bye Bye range anxiety.
Of course all this niceness costs. Total was £375+ the dreaded we've got our hand in all your pockets VAT, making £450 in all. Yep it's a lotta money, but it gets hammered big time on Welsh hills.
See eBike batteries in the lhs margin.

Reactions: Audio2

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
  • Informative
Reactions: TedG

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
Well, only one person actually contacted me today, so I guess my options have narrowed by 50%, unless anybody knows of any other solutions I might look at?

Some brand of battery that might be a straight replacement perhaps?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You could retro fit any battery that will slide in the rack, the controller in the front would need to be placed in the new compartment of said new battery. The on thing to do otherwise is make sure the controller and battery polarity are in the correct order. If need be buy one with a rack a swap all.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
........... the controller in the front would need to be placed in the new compartment of said new battery..............
Many thanks for taking the trouble to offer advice, but I don't even know what that means.
I expect soldering would be involved?
I really should have tried to familiarise myself with exactly how my bike works.
I was really hoping that there would be some other brand of battery that might fit perfectly, like switching from Duracell to some other brand of AA battery.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Many thanks for taking the trouble to offer advice, but I don't even know what that means.
I really should have tried to familiarise myself with exactly how my bike works.
I was really hoping that there would be some other brand of battery that might fit perfectly, like switching from Duracell to some other brand of AA battery.
Don't give up on Jimmy at ebike batteries if he has not replied to you yet, he's always very helpful, but a very busy man, he deals with battery stuff personally. He should have no problem recelling your battery. If you don't hear from him today, give him another call. He is your best bet if you can't do any work yourself.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
there is a worldwide shortage of Samsung and Panasonic 18650 cells at the moment. Deliveries for orders placed now is next year.
The only freely available cells are Chinese cells.

• Informative
Reactions: richtea99

stever1957

Pedelecer
Jun 9, 2018
Lake, Isle of Wight
there is a worldwide shortage of Samsung and Panasonic 18650 cells at the moment. Deliveries for orders placed now is next year.
"We don’t have these currently, they have been massively delayed and are now not expected until September/October time."

(Woosh, two days ago)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The only decent cell that is available which some suppliers/warehouses are able to order are Molicel 18650 P26A & 21700 P42A.
Those rack batteries all slide out leaving a lump on the front end or I should say a compartment with a dc docking point for the battery to connect to, this connection is the V+ & V- wire connection to the controller pcb. The controller silver box is sited inside this compartment, you would be lucky to find a battery exactly the same to slide in and make contact.

Last edited:

richtea99

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 8, 2020
Scary. A bit like saying there are no pistons available worldwide. But we'll get you one next year.
(And nothing against Woosh here for offering the truth, by the way.)

Wonder where are they going - electric bikes? Electric cars? Other?

Advertisers