I need a hero...

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Paul, interesting news.

You're right about the price! Somehow I doubt we'll ever see them though, since the Indian taste in pedal cycles wouldn't suit here, though the Dutch might like them. Their bikes are generally very upright, often 28" wheel, all steel and heavy. I'd guess they'd be likely to choose lead-acid batteries as well as they've done for their Riva electric car, for the low tech servicing advantage.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
nigel

Hi paul
up to now i still think the giant bikes were the best for price and quality and i dont think their is any bike out their yet that is better and the new ones are a front hub motor which are not so good on hills still we will have to wait and see.
As to your choice between urban and torq i suppose if you can afford it the torq would be better its also faster with added extras.

nigel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 18, 2006
nigel

Hi paul
up to now i still think the giant bikes were the best for price and quality and i dont think their is any bike out their yet that is better and the new ones are a front hub motor which are not so good on hills still we will have to wait and see.
As to your choice between urban and torq i suppose if you can afford it the torq would be better its also faster with added extras.