I would like to add a throttle to my ebike (PAS only).

Mozomu

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 30, 2018
Hello

I have an ebike, which I bought about 18 months ago. It comes with a restricted PAS system and no throttle. I am actually okay with its restricted speed 15.5 mph, but on the odd occasion when I am on private land I would also like to have a throttle on it without any pedalling needed.

I just recently had its controller replaced (faulty cut out issues) and managed to take some photos of the old controller. In the photo there is a small black connector with 4 wires (red, white, orange, black), which actually has nothing connected to it when it’s mounted with the controller in the battery holder. To be honest, I am guessing here, but I think that black connector is there for a throttle to be connected to it.

The trouble I am having here is the thumb throttles (with no display) that I am finding online come with 3 wires (positive, negative and signal), which I understand will be okay for a basic throttle. What’s confusing me is the small black connector on the controller comes with 4 wires and I am assuming that the 4th(orange?) wire is for a throttle that has a display section on it.

If this makes any sense to somebody, please help.

upload_2018-11-30_20-35-23.png

Attachments