If only i could fly to catch those culprits

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Electric bikes are partly to be blamed here,and this is why,it's been about three weeks since i last had driven my car,because for the past few weeks the weather has been slightly mediocre.

Which means that i have been riding on my ebike quite a bit for fun and for some light exercise,i think not, mostly wrist movement.So today i decided to do a bit of heavy shopping therefore using the car to get to the supermarket.

When i had got to the car i noticed that at the left rear of the car was covererd with very large bird droppings(i would like to know what they are eating these days),so decided to pay for a car jet wash whilst in the shop shopping away.When it was time to collect my car, the section where the droppings had been did actually damaged the paintwork,i was fuming at the same time looking up into the sky to see if i could see any type of birds looking down at me and doing cartwheels or something of the sort.I was seeing red although the sky was blue,i realised that my mind was playing tricks on me.

So to all of you lovely people,please do not totally neglet your cars,because of the love that you have for your bikes OK

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Two things to be aware of with birds. The obvious one is parking under trees where they roost. The less obvious one is the effect of a highly polished painted convex surface that's common on cars. As a bird flies over it sees a greatly enlarged image of itself zooming in towards it. The fright triggers it's flight instinct, the first action of which is unloading it's bowel for lightness and speed. That's why the same area can get bombed repeatedly. A change of parking position to one where a building or tree blocks the flight approach over the most vulnerable area can minimise that problem.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
The best thing is flecc, is to change their eating habits (Gaviscon at bed time to reduce acid reflux)or better still invent some form of bird nappies. Thanks for the knowledge.

Mountainsport

neptune

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2012
Boston lincs
Me ."That bloody seagull has just crapped on my car."
Wife. "Calm down, I`ll get some toilet paper."
Me. " Don`t be stupid, it`ll be miles away by now."
`[Credit to the late Benny Hill.]

Advertisers