Ignore function for threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
I realise that we already have an ignore function to use in respect of blocking forum members, and any threads that might happen to start, but is there a way of blocking particular threads so that they don't show?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: D C

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Well said Eddie.
It would be great if this was possible, there have been some nasty threads on here which I would dearly like to block.
Some in fact which have caused me to seriously consider leaving.
Dave.

• Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Afraid so.

I'll probably just post up the photos etc from tomorrows organised ride, then call it a day for a while.
There's a huge volume of stuff I don't like on the internet, and some of it gets thrust in my face when I use search engines. I just ignore it.

I'm guessing it's probably the Brexit thread that's upsetting you and others, but it's not even in the cycling forums of this site. Being in an "other subjects" forum and very clearly titled, it's dead easy to ignore.

Alternatively, couldn't the objectors get together and ask Admin to block any further entries in that thread if it is the one objected to, since it's run to over 300 pages now. That would make it disappear from the New Posts facility.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
I dipped into the Brexit thread early on, but haven't looked for months now, I guess it would take me days to catch up with it all now.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Alternatively, couldn't the objectors get together and ask Admin to block any further entries in that thread if it is the one objected to, since it's run to over 300 pages now. That would make it disappear from the New Posts facility.
I object to freedom of speech being restricted, blocked or curtailed. That's what makes this place such a good forum. However, I don't read, or take part, in the Brexit thread at all. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I don't have a problem with the Brexit thread. :)
Then I give up Eddie, no idea which one(s) you mean.

I don't look at them all these days as I did long ago, not enough time due to other activities.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I object to freedom of speech being restricted, blocked or curtailed. That's what makes this place such a good forum. However, I don't read, or take part, in the Brexit thread at all. :)
I don't like censorship either, but I can see the occasional circumstance when it can be a bit less objectionable.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so is the brexit thread but its still going :rolleyes: he wanted a link to watch it so i gave it to him and is his choice if he wants to use them or not.

Reactions: oldtom

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The Charging Post
"A place to recharge your batteries, meet new friends and talk about things not specifically related to electric bikes."

Note there's no restriction on the subjects that can be discussed in The Charging Post except that it's not intended for e-bike subjects.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
The Charging Post
"A place to recharge your batteries, meet new friends and talk about things not specifically related to electric bikes."

Note there's no restriction on the subjects that can be discussed in The Charging Post except that it's not intended for e-bike subjects.
And yet...

The most in view e-bikes are made or at least designed in the EU so the Brexit thread is very close to pedelecs and their future in the UK...

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
o i see what eddie wants he wants to ignore any thread i post in just he has not got the balls to say so and that is just like throwing ur toys out the pram

i guess he can dish it out like take the p out of fs haibikes that have cable ties over and over yet he has caused over 2000 quids worth of damage to his bikes and had it fixed under warranty with 2 motors and 2 batts compared to my one bolt that i lost and cost 25 quid and had 1 xd hub replaced under warranty cos i broke it jumping my bike.

constantly goes on that i only ride my bike down paths yet if you watch my videos is not the case as i cant drive so only get to go to the forest when my m8 goes in his van to get a lift.

constantly moans about every one that uses a dongle that he says ruins it for every one and rips up the trails yet he goes out and sanitise them for his own purpose.

and if you watch his vids is constantly trying to go over the 15mph limit on the flat will not ware a full face helmet or arm knee armour as says will not ride with a full face helmet then crashes smashes his face up and wonders why pmsl.

told phill his batt is not worth 50 quid second hand as had no warranty so worthless yet he did get a offer for 450 quid so wrong there as well.

thinks his 6 cell pack for his lights will out perform my pack made from real 18650 cells so i proved they will and guess he did not like that either as never posted any proof his will cos he got no chance.

told me when i first joined i needed a crank puller for my bike when i did not even need it so gave it to a forum member for free and free postage.

said he was going to make a case from carbon for the bosch motor and never happens.

said he could sort a spacer to run 2 front sprockets also never happens.

moans at me posting in the mtb thread as i have a dongle but he is ok with others with bafang motors far faster than my bike posting in there that 2 faced or what lol and still sticks his head in to the sclass forum for what?

soon as i posted pics from one of my strava rides and got a kom on the flat tries and fails to get my account closed and thought he had done it yet i just set it to private as i knew thats what he would try and do yet i can hack the gprs from my room and get them anyway and even if i set it to ebike he would of done it anyway as i use a dongle and over the 15mph uk limit im just 10 steps ahead and knew it.

says im full of * and blocks me now that is funny ;) and now wants to block any thread i post in as well it seems and as there is no option for that is not posting any more o dear what a sad little bitter old man he really is.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
That's some memory you have there @soundwave. Personally, I find both you and @EddiePJ 's postings useful. informative and often entertaining. :)

Each to their own. Clearly you won't see eye to eye on things. Mediate, agree to disagree, live and let live. Or whatever really. Move on and keep posting the good stuff, both of you, please. I'm sure that there's more than just me that appreciates your efforts, failures, photography, electronics and video skills.

Ignore each other, as a last option, if you must. Flaming only deviates from the good stuff you both produce. Just my 2 cents of course. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisers