Ignoring threads

robert44

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2008
BS23
How does one now ignore a thread?
For over a year I,ve been able to enjoy this forum as a "Brexit-free" escape. After a few months you even forget it exists.
So, any help enabling a return to ignoring threads would be a great early Xmas gift and much appreciated!

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Second that :)
I thought the function had just disappeared on a mobile device so was waiting till I got home to check

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How does one now ignore a thread?
For over a year I,ve been able to enjoy this forum as a "Brexit-free" escape. After a few months you even forget it exists.
So, any help enabling a return to ignoring threads would be a great early Xmas gift and much appreciated!
It's not available yet after the change Robert, the ignoring section is headed with this message:

"The site is still in the process of being updated today so a number of things may not work yet. We've opened the forum while this is taking place. Thanks for your patience. "

Reactions: Fat Rat

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It used to be long press onthe threat and there was an optoon of unsuscribe.. hmf.. not any more and brexit has moved to thetop of my list..
The Ignore functions will return, but as said, these big changes are taking time. We just have to be patient for a little while.

There's no danger of going blind by seeing the Brexit thread title.

• :D
Reactions: Gubbins

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Yes, and like all change you can either go with it or be a dinosaur..
Indeed, this is the third version of pedelecs over the twelve years.

Still have a soft spot for the original though.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
OK, annoyingly the original add-on that provided ignore functionality hasn't been updated to work with the latest forum software.

I have found another add-on that is compatible so I will take a look at that. Failing that we'll need to get the original add-on developers to port it to Xenforo 2.

Thanks
Russ.

Reactions: Fat Rat and flecc

robert44

Pedelecer
Mar 3, 2008
BS23
Good news (for me)!!
For the past 3-4 days, I've no longer got the Brexit thread appearing in the "what's new" or the "new posts" sections? I have done nothing myself to cause this, presumably some site adjustment?

While I've no complaints at all with this arrangement, it is not listed in my personal "ignoring" preference.
So, I can't "unignore" it, which I am able to do for the 2 members who I had "ignored" and were still retained on my ignore list following the forum revamp?

Advertisers