I'm having trouble with Raleigh...

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
Came back from the Isle of Skye, had a great time, road a couple of times, had fun.
On 26th September we decided to spend the whole day at Llandegla and ride the lot. Got there and boom battery flashing....bars 1 and 3 together and 2 and 4 together, wouldn't turn on, wouldn't work. Googled the instructions, but it still wouldn't work.
Drove to Leisure Lakes, Wolverhampton (where I bought it from), dropped it off, they've always been good, got a phone call stating battery due in from Raleigh on 29th....okay, lovely
Phoned on 29th, but Raleigh now stating they can't give a date to them.
Phoned up Raleigh as they are the suppliers (also found out that they really aren't very good with complaints and communication, their reviews are pants), to be told to ring back the seller as it's their problem.
Right I've had the bike for 15 months only, I had to have a new control unit within 3 months, a new motor in May this year and now a new battery. I've kept it serviced, cleaned, I'm not exactly throwing it around as you can, where do I stand and what can anyone advice me to do next ?
I like my bike despite it all and I'm seriously considering contacting Haibike directly as their supplier are pants. Leisure Lakes have been very helpful and have badgered, but I just need a battery that's all.
If I could afford it I'd buy a spare on from amazon, but I can't just yet, I am bl@@dy miffed.
Dom

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Old1Eye

Pedelecer
Sep 6, 2017
Finland, Oulu.
Continue to hound the seller, as it is their job to rectify the problem as the supplier of your bike.

You wont have much luck dealing with a manufacturer, as you yourself are not a dealer or supplier of their products.

If the retailer is unable to remedy the situation and fix your bike within a reasonable period of time, then you can request a replacement bike instead.

But often you have to badger the dealer, for the to badger the manufacturer.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
All done and dusted now bike back and new battery under warranty.

Reactions: Old1Eye

Related Articles

Advertisers