In His Dreams

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
£1200 is a bit optimistic. I don't think it will sell for anything near that amount. I don't blame him for having a go, there are plenty of mugs out there.

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
How much are they new.?
Nearest present day equivalent is £1995.

He's selling this with a 2 year old 10AH battery.

£1200 should be his hoped for target price, not an opening bid

I'll be very surprised if he gets any interest.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
How much are they new.?
I didn't think they sell that spec anymore, so it's difficult to say. The nearest that I can find is the 8 speed Agattu, which some would say is a better bike. That is £1695 with an 18Ah battery. Whoever buys the eBay bike could be looking at spending close to this differential on a new battery inside 12 months.

Morgann

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2011
Whoever buys the eBay bike could be looking at spending close to this differential on a new battery inside 12 months.
Concur; my point exactly.

And while I too, don't blame him for having a go, I do blame him for not realising that he's killed the bidding process before it's begun.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
People who dont use ebay really dont get that the worse thing yo can do is set a high starting bid......it is the kiss of death.A reserve that is realastic and you are happy with and low start price gets interest going. Or a buy it now with offers..

Bike worth under a grand.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
People who dont use ebay really dont get that the worse thing yo can do is set a high starting bid......it is the kiss of death.A reserve that is realastic and you are happy with and low start price gets interest going. Or a buy it now with offers..

I agree entirely with that method of selling Eddie but as has been mentioned, there are some mugs out there and if the vendor gets lucky, fair play to him. No buyer being a member of this forum could be so stupid they'd step in with a bid on this bike....would they?

Indalo

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Not impressed, the bike is out of date.
1 Only 260 watts at best.
2 Awkard shaped battery making replacements difficult.
3 No suspension.
4 Somewhat limited assist system with unnecessary power restriction and no throttle.

john a

Pedelecer
Jun 29, 2012
A few threads ago we commented on people who don't 'get' Ebay.

It still seems to be true
Kalkhoff Pro Connect Electric Bike | eBay

£1200 as a starting bid for a 2010 PC?!

This I've got to see.

The golden rule with Ebay would be 'buyer beware'

If something appears too good to be true, then chances are something is wrong. If something appears rubbish, then chances are it is.

Its the mentality of some of the sellers that beats me. Yesterday I bought a DVD boxset. I checked with the seller that the item was genuine - yes, he told me. Ok, so I paid for it through Paypal.

Less than 24hrs later it arrives - quite obviously a fake - a cheap far eastern copy - I opened a dispute, and have already been refunded, despite some quite rude messages from the seller denying the item was counterfeit.

Thankfully it wasn't a fake ebike!