In this cold snap, Eco is racing away like Max!!

colmalk

Just Joined
Oct 24, 2018
Hello all, new joiner here. I'm male, early seventies and because of medical things, find that cycling is my preferred form of exercise (over walking, golfing, gym etc., none of which I over-indulge in)

As well as myself, my bro-in-law and his wife have both been thinking similar about the GTech electric bike's performance. All was well, until this recent snap of much colder weather. We all favour using Eco - even though we're around the 70 mark and not particularly fit - the Max mode made things just too 'easy'. We wanted more of a workout. Eco was good but since the plummeting temps, Eco just spins around too easy/quickly as if it's been turbocharged!. Yowsah, anyone have any thoughts or suggestions please?

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Strange as cold weather normally reduces the effect of batteries

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Hello all, new joiner here. I'm male, early seventies and because of medical things, find that cycling is my preferred form of exercise (over walking, golfing, gym etc., none of which I over-indulge in)

As well as myself, my bro-in-law and his wife have both been thinking similar about the GTech electric bike's performance. All was well, until this recent snap of much colder weather. We all favour using Eco - even though we're around the 70 mark and not particularly fit - the Max mode made things just too 'easy'. We wanted more of a workout. Eco was good but since the plummeting temps, Eco just spins around too easy/quickly as if it's been turbocharged!. Yowsah, anyone have any thoughts or suggestions please?
It is called "pedalling harder to keep warm"! Welcome to the brave new world of pedelecing :)