Increasing throttle speed

chubbygordito

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2015
I've just bought a Kudos Cobra for my daily commute to work. I tried using a standard hybrid.....but there is a 1 mile steep uphill stretch that left me in no fit state to start work in the mornings.:oops: So, its absolutely fine, except I wondered if its possible to increase the thumb throttle speed? It only goes up to 6kmh on the throttle....but I would like it to be nearer the 15 of the pedal assist....then I can at least rest from pedalling and carry on at a decent speed. Any help would be much appreciated.

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi, this has to do with the controller settings. What controller is it? Often you can use the LCD display that comes with the controller to adjust thr throttle/pas settings to change the level of control and speed you get with thr throttle.
It may be that your controller is not adjustable and in that case you would need to swap to a different controller to get the throttle action you are looking for

Swytch Bike

Trade Member
Sep 10, 2014
Ok, those are quite standard throttles and LED screen.

What determines the speed that you can go with the throttle is the inner workings of the controller (the box with all the wires coming out of it).
It could be that you simply need to find a new motor controller that allows this.

Incidentally, the overall speed limit (i.e. the max speed on PAS or throttle) is fixed by a signal from the LED screen.. There is a similar setup that has a Kunteng controller and an 880 LED screen (yours is different, a 790). With these, you have to program the LED screen to determine the max speed. We can supply the Kunteng 880 LED screens that are delimited but I'm not sure if it would work with your controller

chubbygordito

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 6, 2015
When I get a chance I'll open up the control box and take some photos....hopefully that'll help a bit. Thanks for your help.

Advertisers