Infineum Extreem finally available?

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Seems like this bike may at last be available after it's premature launch last summer. The web site now has a Buy Now facility with dispatches promised from April 1st.

With the popularity of MTB's I think this bike could sell very well. I just hope the Tongxin Motor is up to this type of application. ie The Cytronex advises pedaling up to 5mph before engaging the motor to avoid excessive strain on the motor but I cant see any such advise on the Infineum Web site.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Although there can be some initial slip in the drive when taking up the load from a standstill, they seem to be standing up to that without problems so far.

The main reason that Mark of Cytronex advises pedalling to 5 mph is to avoid the very high battery consumption incurred when pulling away from a standstill, important since the battery is so small on that bike.

Mattyduk

Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2007
be interested to see how this reviews, if anybody does finally get theirs after the 6 month delay.

I was very tempted by this, especially the range and stacking of the batteries. But in the end, very glad I went with the pro-connect.