Installing battery under frame?

Stu33

Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2014
Hey,

I`m thinking of converting an old rockrider 6.3 the battery wont fit in the frame though,i found a couple of photos of batteries installed upside down, like the photo below,has anyone tried this? The only thing i can think of is installing some rivet nuts underneath and using straps to hold it in place..... any other ideas? i dont want to have to make holes in the frame.... my battery is a downtube 48v it has a bracket to fit to the water bottle holes/rivets......

Stuart

BatteryLocation7.png

Chris Swinb

Just Joined
May 17, 2021
Hey,

I`m thinking of converting an old rockrider 6.3 the battery wont fit in the frame though,i found a couple of photos of batteries installed upside down, like the photo below,has anyone tried this? The only thing i can think of is installing some rivet nuts underneath and using straps to hold it in place..... any other ideas? i dont want to have to make holes in the frame.... my battery is a downtube 48v it has a bracket to fit to the water bottle holes/rivets......

Stuart

View attachment 33372
Hi Stuart, I am trying to do the same with my Rockrider 6.3 (2011) it is a nightmare trying to find a battery to fit in the limited space. Your suggestion sounds viable fixing it on the under side. Did you get any further with this idea and the water issue. If so what make and size of battery did you go for? I would like a 48V 17.5AH to match the Bafang 750W mid drive

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
This fitted in a 9.1 rockrider but smaller battery capacity 12 ah 48v and a very tight fit
OK until i snapped the pivot bolts awaiting another xl fs frame that i can actually afford
IMG_20210330_175847227.jpg