Cumbernauld
can anyone help?
I am interested in a bike similar to the Stromer ST1-P48 capable of doing 30mph
Can anyone advise of an insurance company so that I would be Road legal
Thanks

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
there is no class to put a sclass bike in to atm so it cant be road legal insurance wise so no one will insure it.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
You can register a bike as a moped. That would be legal, but helmet and insurance would be a challenge.

Reactions: David Kilpatrick

David Kilpatrick

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2016
Cumbernauld
So I take all these people are riding illegally

I have heard if there is an accident between a e bike and car the police are wanting to take the bike away and make sure it's not unrestricted

Also you could lose your license for driving uninsured etc

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
no one on this forum has ever had a bike taken from them and yes i have a dongle and never had a problem in over 2 years.

the police are just not interested in enforcing the law unless you kill someone on it that is.

tho if you do want to take the p and fit a home build kit on a bike then go down the road at motor way speeds then you will have a problem if they see you.;)

• Agree
Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
SW is right that we haven't had anyone done yet.
Being an idiot will get you nicked too.
But I was involved in an accident. My bike was brake tested, they were locked on! So no further investigation but as more knowledge gets out then speed and power tests will happen. Just hope it's not you. I protect my self by staying legal. If I had an accident with SW my lawyers would get wealthy. He only has to be unlucky once.

Advertisers