Interesting Bike inventions

PP100

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2020
Those treadmill bikes look like they would suit those who find conventional bikes difficult to use as well as anyone for road use. Still quite pricey but probably mid range for an e bike.
Been around since 2016 though I wonder about wear on parts and longer term maintenance but that is an issue for all new tech.
Seems also that the addition of motors allows the rethink of design less based on conventional bikes, eg the folders.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
I like the bike box storage, great security. Did you notice what the lady cyclist was wearing? All I can say is, 'What! In those heels?'. It seems like the dutch realy haven't got into all the special clothing you absolutely need to go anywhere on a bike.:rolleyes:
The hydrogen cell articulated thing is outrageous and I want one now. Bring it on - this could be the future of local city deliveries.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The hydrogen cell articulated thing is outrageous and I want one now. Bring it on - this could be the future of local city deliveries.
Highly unlikely. Most suited to flatter areas of course, that is where the winds are strongest as on the Dutch polders and our flatter eastern counties. With that large, high slab side and narrow cycle lane wheelbase it will be blown over by each strong gust.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
A man can dream can't he? Besides the containers were on wheels themselves meaning that it's actually a flat bed - now that has a host of possibilities. My wifes first reaction was, 'Wow, a guilt free camper'. i think you're right though Flecc, I can't see it in thr combes of south Devon.

Reactions: flecc