Interesting Offer

averhamdave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2009
Nice looking website. Lot of fluff but good luck to them. Only thing that concerned me was high mileage claims and tiny batteries.

Wonder if they are members on here?

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
They only seem to have a pretty basic front wheel kit available at the moment.

All other choices just go round in circles; but, of course, they have to start somewhere: Always difficult to know at what point to go live with the web site.

Hope they make a go of it.

jackhandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 20, 2012
the Cornish Alps
I'd say £100 is very fair: At £12/ hour it's only a day's pay, not counting workshop facilities, tools & carrying spares.

Not many kits fit first go, without modification.

BTW: £12/ hour self-employed results in about £6/ hour in the bank... According to my accountant :confused:

103Alex1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2012
I'd say £100 is very fair: At £12/ hour it's only a day's pay, not counting workshop facilities, tools & carrying spares.

Not many kits fit first go, without modification.

BTW: £12/ hour self-employed results in about £6/ hour in the bank... According to my accountant :confused:
I agree. You can easily wind up spending that on tools alone if you don't have a kitted out workshop to start with. Or the cost of asking your accountant the answer to the question :p

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
Their front kits are Cyclotricity's so they are good, not sure about the rear ones though. £100 to fit a kit seems a bit steep to me.
To those of us who have the ability to fit our own kits that was also my first thought.
It does seem a lot but it is a business and will have to factor in many other costs, rates, rent, tools, insurance, wages, accountancy, 20 percent VAT, I could go on and on....
All things considered I think it's a reasonable price if it's done well.
I wonder what they do with all the spare front wheels?:)

ElectricBikeConversions

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 22, 2013
Just found this thread as a result of all of you who have come to investigate our website. We are “Electric Bike Conversions” and it’s been really interesting reading the comments because genuine, unbiased feedback is worth more than you can imagine.

Our website is quite new although we have been carrying out conversions for some time – the site is a work in progress and as soon as we’re happy with the quality of the rear and mid drive kits we’ll add them. We have to be sure that anything that we sell is of the right quality because a) we have a conscience and don’t want to be associated with poor quality products and b) we give a warranty and can’t afford to have loads of returns.

It was also interesting re the price that we charge for fitting – in all honesty we win some and lose some. As most of you will be aware, some are bikes take a kit without any problems and on these occasions we do OK. With other bikes we get loads of problems and it takes far longer than we’ve allowed and therefore costs us more – we’re converting a Boardman bike at the moment and it’s been a nightmare!!

Anyway – thanks again for posting the thread and for taking the time to visit our website. Now that we’re registered on the forum we’ll hopefully find time to participate – not sure about the tree of wheels but we do need to find some use for them….

banbury frank

Banned
Jan 13, 2011
Hi To be on this site as a business you need to register as a trade member there is a small mouthy fee or you can have a add on the right

Please give me a call and i will run you through what to do

and Welcome to pedelecs

Or Email Russ at russell@pedelecs.co.uk

for costs

Frank