International Women’s Day

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
It’s International Women’s Day today. Can we please give all the best jobs to women, present them with every award and accolade available and pay them more than men, regardless of their ability? I think this would be a price worth paying in order to put an end to the relentless bleating.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It’s International Women’s Day today. Can we please give all the best jobs to women, present them with every award and accolade available and pay them more than men, regardless of their ability? I think this would be a price worth paying in order to put an end to the relentless bleating.
Nice to know I'm not the only one sick of all the relentless pro female propaganda and complaining.

Reactions: tillson

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The thing is, I don't know any real women who do complain, from my nieces in their 20s, daughter in her 30s my friends in 70s and 80s.
Agreed, it's the media where the problem shows up, but I'm sure backed and promoted by government.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Personally I think this whole business is ridiculous, why an International Women's Day? There's no International Men's Day, nor an International Peoples Day, all days belong to everyone.

Likewise there's a Basketball Association for everyone, but now women have formed a Womens Basketball Association. No doubt there are or will be many more examples of such silliness.

What makes this even more foolish is that when there is a need for a separate womens facility, such as golf clubs excluding women, instead of creating their own they use the law and government to force entry to the men only clubs which is obviously fundamentally wrong.

If women are allowed their own exclusive organisations, why aren't men and what possible justification is there for the law to be used to destroy men only institutions?

D

Deleted member 4366

I was thinking about women in sport. Why do men's and women's teams have to be separated. Surely, it should be just a football, rugby or cricket team or whatever. Whoever is good enough to get in the team plays, regardless of their gender. It's a similar situation with disabled people and sports teams. Why are they trying to force them on us as spectators? Why are there not leagues for fat people, teams for only people with beards or ginger-haired people? The next thing is that they're going to be forcing the homos leagues onto mainstream TV.

• Agree
  • :D
Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

Ducknald Don

Pedelecer
Sep 2, 2017
Oxfordshire
Oh dear, is some equality a threat to your manhood, are you afraid of competing on a level playing field?

I expect if you'd been about in the 1830's you would have been complaining about the end of slavery as well.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
A few years ago I attended a national level slalom skiing competition. At time my daughter was in top 3 ladies in country. The ladies ski'd first , all 10 competitors ski,d really well with 3 setting PB,s and one setting a new British record. The first of blokes skied , fell at bouy 3 on his first pass. ( not even getting a score) and swam to nearby jetty. He climbed out to be greeted by commentator who asked for the skier,s thoughts. He answered
" I skied like a girl"
The commentator replied.
" no, you didn't, the girls have set PB's and set a new record"
The crowd jeered him all way to changing room.
Unfortunately in many sports and aspects of life women have to be better than men to be equal. A bit of positive discrimination hurts nobody. So what if there is a day celebrating women, lets face it the the other 364 days are normally celebrating what some bloke has done...like started a war or something.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
Agreed, it's the media where the problem shows up, but I'm sure backed and promoted by government.
Oh dear, is some equality a threat to your manhood, are you afraid of competing on a level playing field?

I expect if you'd been about in the 1830's you would have been complaining about the end of slavery as well.
I’m not sure how we made the jump to slavery, perhaps that gives us an indication as to your state of mind.

I’m all for equality, fairness for all and equal opportunities across the board. I have worked with women who do the same job as me, some do it better, others not as well. That’s just the natural distribution of human talent and I am entirely comfortable with that.

The problem with International Women’s Day is that it represents none of the things which I have listed above. It’s just an engine for sycophants and politically motivated militants to hitch their wagons to.

We have living proof of what happens when we throw, quotas, targets and political correctness into the jobs melting pot. We end up creating a Diane Abbott.

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
I’m not sure how we made the jump to slavery, perhaps that gives us an indication as to your state of mind.

I’m all for equality, fairness for all and equal opportunities across the board. I have worked with women who do the same job as me, some do it better, others not as well. That’s just the natural distribution of human talent and I am entirely comfortable with that.

The problem with International Women’s Day is that it represents none of the things which I have listed above. It’s just an engine for sycophants and politically motivated militants to hitch their wagons to.

We have living proof of what happens when we throw, quotas, targets and political correctness into the jobs melting pot. We end up creating a Diane Abbott.
See your point but Diane Abbot isn't a symptom of positive discrimination but one of the prevalent unfairness. The gifted, well spoken, sensible and qualified get lost along the way..leaving the gobby forthright ignorant to carry the colours. Happens in industry,government and commerce. The talented females get put down, leaving the robust but useless to thrive...( sometimes)

Last edited:

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Men are in a very priviliged position. At least we should recognise fact even if not support attempts to rationalize an unfair situation. Women are paid less,do have to be better than men to compete on level terms. Look at any industry, even those with predominantly female employees will be controlled by males. ( eg primary schools, cant remember figures but believe 75% of primary teachers are female but only 25% of same schools have female heads . There is plenty of room for some positive discrimination and events like those mentioned...even if they are intrinsically wrong (which IMO they are not) they do raise profile of subject and get people discussing it. Its a mans world. Its ridiculous and petty to rail against attempts to right some wrongs.

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
See your point but Diane Abbot isn't a symptom of positive discrimination but one of the prevalent unfairness. The gifted, well spoken, sensible and qualified get lost along the way..leaving the gobby forthright ignorant to carry the colours. Happens in industry,government and commerce. The talented females get put down, leaving the robust but useless to thrive...( sometimes)
I saw Mary Beard on TV a couple of days ago. She is an intelligent, well educated woman who has achieved recognition and accolades for her work. No doubt she earns a good wedge of cheese too. So it can be done. Talent always comes through.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Advertisers