Introducing the new Woosh Bermuda

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
This is the second bike I helped in developing after the Karoo. It's currently at sea, on its way to Woosh.
The original Woosh Sirocco (still selling) is going to be superseeded by this new one. I have upgraded most components to reflect the needs of medium and long distance commuting while keeping cost down. Particular attention was paid to waterproofing.
The wheel size is 27.5. It should fit 5ft7 to 6ft2 riders up to 100kgs.
The motor is the potent SWX02. A lightweight BPM class geared hub motor.
The battery is the popular 36V HL battery, available in 13AH and 15AH.
The controller is Lishui HL1260, 18A.
Please let me know what you think.

Ounce crankset:

SRAM Avid brakes:

acm2000

Pedelecer
Sep 20, 2015
Ipswich
looks like a rear hub drive version of the Krieger, and thats not a bad thing at all.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Looks a very capable and practical bike Trex.

My Agattu has the same combination of large tyres and front suspension which makes for a very comfortable ride.

Of course when you have a rack full mudguards and suspension it's not going to look as sleek as a Karoo and the weight obviously goes up.

Still there's plenty of folk looking for less sporty bikes and this well equipped bike should do well.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@acm2000
it does not pull as fast as the Krieger (the Krieger has 20A controller), but is a fair bit cheaper to make.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@Kenny

thanks. The brief was to make an economical commuter to replace the original £599 Sirocco. Not much money to play with. Can't fit a nice fork and hydraulic brakes at this spending limit.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
Looks very like nice and neat design.

As there is a room for a new model, would Woosh consider a full suspension bike in the future?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
@patpatbut
thanks. I am still looking for a factory that agrees to customize a full-sus frame to accommodate a battery in the downtube. The difficulty is the very small volume, just 100 pieces. The normal water bottle fixings are not good enough to hold a 3kg battery on rough terrains.

patpatbut

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2012
@patpatbut
thanks. I am still looking for a factory that agrees to customize a full-sus frame to accommodate a battery in the downtube. The difficulty is the very small volume, just 100 pieces. The normal water bottle fixings are not good enough to hold a 3kg battery on rough terrains.
Good to know there is a plan at least :) I have seen some full suspension bikes have a massive flat down tube so it might hold the battery solidly. Hope you can find the right one soon

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Hi trex,send one to EddiePJ as his review of the Karoo was very good.:)

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I am not sure that the Bermuda is his cup of tea. It's made for boring day to day commute in all weather. Nothing is easy to nick or worth nicking on it.
Just get on the bike and pedal, no need to change gear (it does have 8-speed derailleur but the motor is so powerful, I set it on 7 and I never bothered to change it).

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
Well he can give an impartial review.

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Well he can give an impartial review.
If he's like me he may need paying to ride it, as Trex says it's highly unlikely to be his cup of tea, it certainly isn't mine. However a good bike at a good price for the targeted market.

• Agree
Reactions: trex

dinger19

Pedelecer
Jun 30, 2014
Kent
If he's like me he may need paying to ride it, as Trex says it's highly unlikely to be his cup of tea, it certainly isn't mine. However a good bike at a good price for the targeted market.
Yep your probably right .:)

• Agree
Reactions: Artstu

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Schwalbe Big Ben would be a good choice. This bike just needs a Bluetooth Dongle to get rid of all those wires, mechanker... :D

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
... and bluetooth throttle, bluetooth hydraulic brake sensors.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
On brake sensors: No throttle, don't need brake sensors. But if I ever was to mount a hydraulic brake sensor (which I may well do in the near future if the GSM has too much run on) it would be on the back brake only. And... doh! It doesn't need to be even near the brake lever! It can be way down the back closer to the controller. The Magura sensor just needs to be in the hydraulic brake line somewhere to detect the pressure which activates a piston which...

I'm in the EU so walk along assist only, no throttle and mechanikers interface has a walk along button! Bluetooth throttle what could go wrong there! Think "hacker" with laptop on park bench... :eek:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
I rode my old BBS01 bike with Tektro Auriga HDB more than a year w/o throttle and brake sensors. It felt perfectly safe.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
It might not be my kind of bike, but then again the soon to be released Kudos range isn't either.

That doesn't stop me from appreciating the type of market that any of these bikes is aimed at, and whilst I would try any of them, reviewing another Woosh wouldn't be the best of idea, simply for the reason that even with my review of the Woosh Karoo, the assumption/accusation was that I was somehow connected to the company, so making the review biased. This is not the case, but reviewing a second bike would sadly just lead to further claims, and would be of no help to anyone.

Kind of a shame though, as I love to get the chance to play on any bike.

Having said that, there are five brand exceptions to this.

Last edited: