Invertor for 2014 Bosch Haibike Xduro 29 SL

Tim Fry

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 17, 2014
Hi all, just purchased a Haibike Xduro 29 SL with the bosch drive, think it's V2, took it for a hire for a day and really impressed with it, minus the cost very excited.
It's only got a 300Watt battery, didn't think the 400Watt was worth the extra and i'm sure in the next couple of years batteries will get better.
Anyone found any ingenious ways of recharging the batteries on the move if you run low? Also any recommendations for car cigarette invertors?
Also anyone got any links for deristrictors that work, what sort of performance gain do you get (aware of warranty concerns). Seen the badass one but does it work ok?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

Anyone found any ingenious ways of recharging the batteries on the move if you run low?
There's a few ways to do it:
Buy one of those wind generators from Ebay and strap it to your rack ( not the handlebars because the blades can hit your head. They have a regulated 12v output (14.4v) so you need an aditional 12v battery of about 60aH and a 250w inverter which can supply your charger, which also needs to be strapped to the rack.

Another way is to put a direct drive hub-motor in the front wheel and run it through a three-phase rectifier to the same battery, inverter and charger setup as above.

You could buy 40 of those little power packs that charge your phone. The one I have has a single Samsung 22P cell, so 40 of them would charge your battery enough to double your range.

Solar panels arre not so good, but if you get a flexible one, you can also use it as a sail to catch the wind. With a suitable mast and sail shape, you should be able to get useful help on all points of the wind except between 45 deg of dead ahead. You'll need a suiltable sheeting system to adjust the angle of the sail and its tension.

There's a few other ways to do it, but they get a bit more complicated and you need more sophisticated electronics, so probably a bit beyond normal DIY.

Good luck.

I suppose I could have saved a few words and just said no, but I'm bored. Sorry.

Reactions: Gringo

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I suspect the OP was after sugestions on a suitable inverter to use in his vehicle to recharge the pack.
Just pick one that exceeds the wattage input of the charger (sine wave ones are better), and as d8veh suggested on another thread only use with motor running as otherwise it may flatten battery.

Advertisers