Is anyone else on a dry january?

Artstu

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 2, 2009
Just another dry year for me, guess I've had about 10 alcoholic drinks in the last ten years, my two brothers need my share of the stuff.

Reactions: flecc

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I occasionally have a drop of malt or an ale/stout, otherwise very rarely bother.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Has January started already? :eek:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Looks like you will have to change your signature now ;)

Josh
Ah.. forgot about that... the thing is.. I lost my wife in November and really quickly have found myself disappearing down the whiskey and despair rabbit hole so have to stop it before it takes hold and am shocked by how hard this is... especially as it doesn't help!
So 6 days so far.. well 7 cos I started day early..

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
Ah.. forgot about that... the thing is.. I lost my wife in November and really quickly have found myself disappearing down the whiskey and despair rabbit hole so have to stop it before it takes hold and am shocked by how hard this is... especially as it doesn't help!
Good luck... Best wishes..

Reactions: EddiePJ

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
When my other half lost me I was lucky to be working poor, couldn't really afford booze but did rely a bit on cheap red wine to ease the pain. Hang in there!

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
By the time I'd hit 40 I recon I'd drank a lifetimes worth of bear so I stoped. That was 17 years ago.
I can appreciate folks like a drink but most of the bad things that ever happened to me did so when I was p!ssed

Reactions: flecc and Zlatan

super josh

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 2, 2018
I'm sorry to here that it must be really tough, how long were you together?

Josh

onthe-edge

Pedelecer
Apr 28, 2018
portsmouth
We were together for 50 Years.. We were a bit old school.. Get married, Take your vows and mean it,,.
Hi Gubbins, so sorry to hear of your loss, , such a shame , and made worse by happening when it is already a miserable time of year for a lot of people, what with the short days and cold weather. Nothing anyone here can say will help much, but I'm sure that come the Spring and warm summer sunshine, you will be feeling a bit better.
No harm in having a drink or two as long as you can avoid the hard stuff, and it's only as and when you fancy it, rather than just for the sake of it, or out of habit, the habit being the easiest trap to fall into .
Good luck for the future , and remember that the more time you spend out on yer bike, the less time you have to think about having a drink.

Advertisers