Is there a governing body to report a rogue e bike trader/retailer to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgchimp

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 18, 2016
Telford
Hi

Just spent 1.5K on my first e bike and ended up with a "Duff deal" Is there a governing body for e bike retailers where I can report this trader to.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
you can always report your story here.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

pgchimp

Jun 18, 2016
Telford
Hi

I cannot report here as it concerns the integrity of a trader who sells and posts on this site, His integrity has been questioned before in previous posts and because he is well respected by nearly everyone on this forum the OP who posted has always ended up being "flamed"

This person has a "Dark side" which has not been seen on this forum as he comes across as "Mr Nice Guy" so the only hope I have was either dealing with him direct result,,,,,,,, no chance,,,,,,,,,, or reporting his antics to a governing body.

I bought the bike and he is not prepared to honour the warranty despite the fact that it is new, and will not supply me with a bill of sale so that I can insure the bike.

Its a lot more involved than that but as I don't want to get "flamed" that's about it

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you dont say what is wrong then not much we can help with tbh.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
did you buy your bike in a private sale (that is outside the sale of goods Act 1979)?

signwave

Pedelecer
Aug 1, 2016
Hampshire
According to their signature, your supplier appears to be a 'Bicycle Association and ACT Member'.

Can you involve either of those bodies?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

kangooroo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 24, 2015
Wye Valley
If it's a warranty issue then the manufacturer should be able to help (or is it Chinese...). If the retailer isn't co-operative then there is always Trading Standards or the County Court approach which I have used successfully in suing a camera retailer, mobile phone provider and Samsung.

Will Tinker

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2015
You can report a dispute with the Citizen's Advice Bureau. They are able to forward details onto Trading Standards if they deem it necessary.

You may be able to raise a section 75 claim, depending on how you paid. If successful, the money you spent could be refunded.

Best of luck and I hope you are able to get this resolved.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Trouble is now by not having him you're casting doubts over all traders. That's not really fair. So you really ought to name & shame to be fair to all.

Reactions: Steve Kent

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
We all know who you are talking about and personally I have always found them fine, even sending me a replacement frame when I had a problem.

This forum is not the avenue to sort the problem. The way to do it if you are not satisfied with the dealer's response is to either contact your CC company if that is how you paid or to bring an action at the Small Claims Court.

D

Deleted member 4366

Looking through his history, it's a Wisper bought from Onbike.

If you want, you can PM me all the details of your complaint or meet up in the town centre, and I'll do my best to get your problem sorted. I know all the people concerned. If there's something wrong with your bike, I can fix it for you.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
looks like he just bought the wrong bike to me, i wont ride my bike with no power let alone a 25kg one.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Mmm ...., not the first time we've had a relatively new member on here starting a thread about a 'problem trader' telling half or less of a story.

Sometimes I think that we get posters on here doing similar in an attempt to embarrass the trader concerned into acceding to their unreasonable demands.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
I bought the bike and he is not prepared to honour the warranty despite the fact that it is new, and will not supply me with a bill of sale so that I can insure the bike.
You have previously posted that you bought via the Cycle to Work Scheme. If correct IMHO the supplier is absolutely right not to provide you with a bill of sale. It is your employer who bought the bike from them, not you.

You may be able to raise a section 75 claim, depending on how you paid. If successful, the money you spent could be refunded.
The OP bought his bike via the Cycle to Work Scheme. Therefore the contract for purchase would be between his employer & the shop, not him.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Emo Rider and flecc

pgchimp

Jun 18, 2016
Telford
Thanks for all your replies, unfortunately the detectives amongst you know only part of this saga and according to Forum rules I cannot and will not name names

However I would just like to say that Onbike at Worcester do not figure in this thread and are in no way involved.

This thread is heading just the way I thought it would with people defending the trader, even though I have not mentioned him, and not knowing ANYTHING of the events of the last 2 months, and saying that newbies like myself come on here just to embarrass the trader.

Bear in my original question was

"Is there a governing body to report a rouge e bike trader/retailer to"

if not then so be it the mods may as well close this thread.

d8veh I would love to meet up again at a time and place to suit you

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
bikes bought under cycleschemes belong technically to the employers. There is no contract between the user (hirer in this context) and the manufacturer. The OP can always ask his employer for a copy of the purchase invoice for the purpose of insurance.
Some companies like Woosh choose to assist directly the users and not involve the resellers or the previous owners or the employers to avoid this sort of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.