Is there a list of (e)Bike Shows for 2014?

OldPedaller

Pedelecer
Aug 20, 2011
I've done a quick search but can only find info on the London Show.

Are there any other shows where I can try out a range of bikes - the further north the better, as I live North of the border ?

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I've done a quick search but can only find info on the London Show.

Are there any other shows where I can try out a range of bikes - the further north the better, as I live North of the border ?
Old Pedaller,Kudos had a series of road shows last year,some were well attended,some had little interest. The Manifold Trail event was particularly successful and the local dealer is interested in repeating.
The LondonElectricBikeCompany is hosting the Redbridge event on Sunday May 18,it will be supported by Kudos,KTM and BH bikes,it is probably the best venue in Europe to test bikes.
However,these events are expensive and hard work. It was our hope that rivals would put on events local to them but they seem reluctant to do so....can I suggest that you make contact with e bike suppliers in the north to see whether you can persuade them to organise such events.
I think Kudos has 'done its bit', maybe others should reciprocate.
KudosDave
www.kudoscycles.com

D

Deleted member 4366

We appreciate all your hard work. They were really enjoyable events. i hope they continue.

Hopefully Atmosphere will do something in Bristol again.

we would be up for supporting anything in the North! So if there are any dealers who want to put on an event, we'd be there.

We'll have some bikes at the Manchester Bike and Tri show on our stand there 8th / 9th March. But thats not really that far north, and I'm afraid the most northern thing we have in the diary for 2014 at the moment.

Spencer Ivy

Pedelecer
Jul 3, 2013
www.dorsetenergized.co.uk

Not really that far North I am afraid..! The Dorset E bike Centre (The home of Spencer Ivy) will be attending The Dorchetser Renewable Energy Exhibtion on March 8-9 in Dorchester with a range of bikes if anyone fancies trying a Moustache, R&M Blue Label, Batribike or Wisper (as well as SI of course)

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
We hold between 4 and 6 events a year. However these are normally based in Norfolk. However we are looking at other locations for next year but likely to be central locations rather than up north. Most venues for events have flat test tracks, we are lucky that we are surrounded by some decent hills particularly one which goes down to the seafront. Redbridge is a good venue but location for footfall is poor, very few events which have good footfall and reasonable hills to test bikes.

Main event we are involved in is Norfolk Cycle Show http://www.revolutionevents.co/norfolk-cycle-show

HelenJ

Administrator
Staff member
May 19, 2011
Morning all, don't forget to let either Russ or myself know about these events please so we can add them to the events calendar on the forum and the events news section. Just in case anyone misses the individual posts.. Thanks

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Hi Helen,

We will let you know about Norfolk Cycle Show, still firming electric bike details. Will contact you in due course.

Thanks,
David

Reactions: HelenJ

anniegirl

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2013
Lancashire
we would be up for supporting anything in the North! So if there are any dealers who want to put on an event, we'd be there.

We'll have some bikes at the Manchester Bike and Tri show on our stand there 8th / 9th March. But thats not really that far north, and I'm afraid the most northern thing we have in the diary for 2014 at the moment.
This event is in the centre of Manchester, so unfortunately no where to try a bike out :( Shame because this is one event that is fairly local to me, that I can get to on public transport.

if you're close to Manchester, you're close to our offices in Delph - Lancashire. you, and indeed anyone, is always welcome to come here and try an eBike on the local hills. But please contact us well in advance, because we try not to keep them here... its always better for our demo bikes to be out being demo'd.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Martin,how
We hold between 4 and 6 events a year. However these are normally based in Norfolk. However we are looking at other locations for next year but likely to be central locations rather than up north. Most venues for events have flat test tracks, we are lucky that we are surrounded by some decent hills particularly one which goes down to the seafront. Redbridge is a good venue but location for footfall is poor, very few events which have good footfall and reasonable hills to test bikes.

Main event we are involved in is Norfolk Cycle Show http://www.revolutionevents.co/norfolk-cycle-show

Martin,how can you say that the Redbridge location is poor for footfall,it has London next door with a population of 8 million plus and 15 million in a radius of 50 miles. The venue also has some testing hills and is completely private.
Compare that with East Anglian with a total population of less than 1 million,pretty much flat and water on 180 degrees of 360.
I did try to support the Great Yarmouth event but it was plainly in the wrong location and with a north easterly wind bitterly cold.
But I am supportive of anyone who gets some road shows going,however I think they should be open to as many brands as possible. I would bring the Kudos team up to one of your demo events is that is attractive to you.
With regard to my comment that Kudos is offering an effective alternative to expensive German bikes,that comment came from the ratio of sales at the Londonelectricbikecompany.
KudosDave
www.kudoscycles.com

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
Dave it is David not Martin, Also Redbridge is poor for footfall, where is the passing trade? You must misunderstand footfall to me it means the amount of people walking past an event/or attending an event not the amount of people living nearby. I walked from the tube last time and it was a fair walk (I like walking so did not bother me). I was merely pointing out quite correctly that no event combines a decent test location with good footfall (i.e. passing trade). I feel you either need electric bike events to be part of a larger event or in area with good passing trade.

Norfolk Cycle Show had 6000 people attend last year, all interested in cycling. This was not the case with Redbridge. In order to get good number of people you would need alot of marketing as you are not benefiting from a wider event or passing footfall. Look at the Gadget Show, great footfall but flat test track however thousands tried an e bike for the first time. I stick by my comment no event has both good footfall and test track with good hills you have to compromise on one of the two areas.

The East of England Electric Bike show in Great Yarmouth is along the sea front with many tourists walking around and headwinds are a good test of e bikes. Last year there were lots of brands there including ones we do not sell.
No-one is going to walk past Redbridge unless they are heading to the event.
You are open to many brands but do you not part own London Electric Bike Company, are there other brands attending Redbridge which are not sold at LEBC like last year? if so great!

Also it is a misonception that all of East Anglia is flat, that is the fens. Where we are located has several steep hills and there are plenty of hills above 15% gradient in Norfolk. Some parts of Norfolk have flat areas but that is true of most counties.

However the venue for Redbridge is good I thoroughly enjoyed testing many e bikes last year :)

Finally we stock plenty of different brands (9 currently) so any event we attend would have plenty of brands and we will be working with other brands at the Great Yarmouth event.

Regards,
David

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
My experience of cycle shows is not that great in selling electric bikes. At the NEC show many of the testers seemed to be teenage joy riders who had no interest in buying an electric bike.
The ideal shows seem to be those which attract the profile of ebikers but are not necessarily current cyclists....the county shows seem to have lots of interest,I would like to do the 50 plus shows but they are mind blowing expensive.
I must say that it was a hope that other electric bike suppliers would have reciprocated and pushed the e-bike concept forward and organised events similar to Redbridge,but this has not happened.
Why should I promote other brands if they are not going to do their bit? Really BEBA should be organising multi brand events.
I have learnt that bike sales are often a very local event and therefore it seems sensible that the LondonElectricBikeCompany should host the upcoming LondonBikeShow and the Redbridge event,there seems no point in promoting a brand that LEBC do not sell.
The LondonElectricBikeCompany shop was established from frustration that whilst London is potentially the largest market for electric bikes in the UK ,we could not find a London dealer who was prepared to stock and promote a good range of bikes....so on the basis of 'putting your money where your mouth is' we decided to do the job properly ourselves,it was a very good decision that shop is selling a lot of bikes,it just shows that the market for electric bikes exists it's that in some areas the shops do not do a good job of offering the product.
Just e bikes have a great shop in Portobello selling Haibike,Koga and Moustache and our friends 50 cycles are doing a good job of selling Kalkhoff and Focus just up the road.
With regard to the Great Yarmouth event, it is in the wrong place ,with water 180 degrees out of 360,an event in that area would be better based near to Cambridge,to have a catchment from Milton Keynes to Ipswich to Norwich.
KudosDave
www.Kudoscycles.com

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
"however I think they should be open to as many brands as possible. I would bring the Kudos team up to one of your demo events is that is attractive to you".

This is why we are involved in the Norwich event which has good links to many areas. However it is unfair to say events should be open to as many brands as possible and then restrict the ones at Redbridge.

I agree not just about cycling events but it is about a range of shows we are all aware that currently most customers are 50+ but increasingly more commuters are considering e bikes. We have had people come to see us after visiting NEC, one such customer was in our shop earlier.

London appears to be growing with many new shops opening in the last few years: TETS, LEBC, 50C, Volt electric bikes and JusteBikes to name a few. So I think people and businesses recognise there is a demand but up until recently have been reluctant to invest money with banks not lending to somes companies adding to the problem. We are lucky that we do not have bank loans and do not envy companies reliant on banks who sometimes appear to push profitable businesses into folding.

Last edited:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
last year's redbridge was great because you can try out and compare different technologies on the best test circuit there is.
It wasn't a sales event because most visitors are forum members but I think it did pay pack in marketing value for the exhibitors.
If this year redbridge is only Kudoscyles then I don't think many members would make the trip.

Reactions: Electrifying Cycles

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
I enjoyed testing brands we do not do it was fun and it is a great test circuit. Hopefully one day we will have a venue like that with passing trade (or pehaps as part of a bigger event) but think I may be dreaming :)

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
last year's redbridge was great because you can try out and compare different technologies on the best test circuit there is.
It wasn't a sales event because most visitors are forum members but I think it did pay pack in marketing value for the exhibitors.
If this year redbridge is only Kudoscyles then I don't think many members would make the trip.
Trex...the concept of Redbridge was to be a test event primarily for those who already had a strong interest in electric bikes and wished to try as many e-bikes as possible at an ideal test location.
I think it was very successful in those aims.
Now my moaning bit....Kudos paid for all the cost of the event,it was explained to my rivals to use their funds to market the event and increase the footfall by contacting their customer base. It was also explained that this was an idea that should be reciprocated and Kudos was happy to attend their event.
I think 90 per cent of the people who were at Redbridge were as a result of Kudos marketing,many and very welcome Pedelecs members. To date Kudos has not been invited to any other event.
This year the event will have a strong presence of KTM,Haibike and Kudoscycles...I predict there will be 30 plus cycles of varying styles to test.
KudosDave
www.kudoscycles.com

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
David,sorry about getting your name wrong,there are so many Companies with electric in their name,obvious I suppose.
I have looked at the Norfolk cycle show,it looks a well ordered and advertised event and away from the coast should be well attended,good luck with the event.
I am exhibiting at the LondonBikeShow at the Excel centre next week,we will have our Arriba,Tornado and Escape 29er on show,these bikes seem to be exactly the style and price point that most (not all) want to spend,LEBC have their inexpensive Vita -Uno 26(£695.00) on test,that bike is selling incredibly well,I think it has taken over from the old Cyclamatic bike as a desirable entry level bike.
I will give an honest report of the show,it just appears that despite the awful weather the UK public is finally buying electric bikes.
KudosDave
www.kudoscycles.com

Electrifying Cycles

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 4, 2011
No worries Kevin opps I mean Dave :) I agree most people tend to spend around £1000 on an ebike particularly if it is their first one.

Electrifying David