Is this a Genuine company ?

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Hi folks ,

Just asking if any of you know if this is a Genuine company in the below link

Why im asking is it seems easy for crooks to make up a company name with nice looking websites where prices seem ok ..and so im not so sure if to splash the cash in which i cant afford to be done for in these trying times .. Website below which came up on my facebook page ..as i tend to get some come up now and then ..

Link > https://www.electricrider.co.uk/collections/step-through

D

Deleted member 33385

Hi folks ,

Just asking if any of you know if this is a Genuine company in the below link

Why im asking is it seems easy for crooks to make up a company name with nice looking websites where prices seem ok ..and so im not so sure if to splash the cash in which i cant afford to be done for in these trying times .. Website below which came up on my facebook page ..as i tend to get some come up now and then ..

Link > https://www.electricrider.co.uk/collections/step-through

They don't have their address listed on their website, nor is it available through a whois check of their domain name. Their webserver is in Canada, so you would have problems getting their address through their hosting provider. Why hide address? Their seemingly UK-based phone number is easily obtained, so are Facebook ads. Also, I'm not saying that they've done so: Trustpilot reviews can be added without great difficulty. They also don't show if items are in stock. Personally, I wouldn't order from them, even with Paypal.

Last edited:

Electric Rider

Trade Member
Mar 31, 2021
London
Hi Budsy,

This is Alexander Bell, Founder and Managing Director of Electric Rider.

Shame to be acquainted with you on such a thread, but thought it would be best to make an account for our business on this forum to address your valid concern and comments, after it was drawn to my attention by a customer this morning.

Firstly, we are a legitimate retail platform and an authorized dealer for over 35+ world renowned manufacturers covering eScooters, eBikes & more. In order to retail for these brands we have to verify that our operations meet their industry standards. We are based in the UK and currently retail through our website. We are expanding soon to have a physical showroom and space, but due to COVID19 lockdowns this has been delayed. Our friendly team are all based in the UK and our sales manager would be more than happy to help find the right eBike for you if you get in touch with us directly.

Secondly, it's easy for me to write words on here to 'convince' you that we are legitimate, but please see our company filings here for proof that we are actively trading.

Further, we take our reviews and feedback extremely seriously and I can reassure you that all our reviews on Trustpilot here are from genuine orders and customers. You can verify this by the 'Verified' tick that appears when a customer receives an automated email from Trustpilot after they have received their order from us (Trustpilot links into our eCommerce system to verify their order is completed).

To address your comments, let me clarify:

Our address can clearly be seen on companies house - as it's not a physical showroom (explained above), we did not want customers to 'show up' outside our offices. The webserver is using Shopify's DNS which is our ecommerce platform (they are based in Canada). Feel free to call our number and you will be able to speak to a real human, based in the UK. In regards to stock we make it clear whether an item is for 'Preorder' on each product page. During these trying times it's always best to enquire with us to see if there is anything we can secure you immediately, rather than waiting for stock to arrive. Many customers are preordering with us to ensure they receive their products when they arrive.

I hope the above reassures you that we are here to serve, and do so to the best of our ability. We are here for the long-term and value every customer interaction we have.

If you have any further concerns feel free to speak to me directly on: lex@electricrider.co.uk or to our team on info@electricrider.co.uk where we can help find the right eBike for you.

Best regards,

Alexander Bell

D

Deleted member 33385

Hi Budsy,

This is Alexander Bell, Founder and Managing Director of Electric Rider.

Shame to be acquainted with you on such a thread, but thought it would be best to make an account for our business on this forum to address your valid concern and comments, after it was drawn to my attention by a customer this morning.

Firstly, we are a legitimate retail platform and an authorized dealer for over 35+ world renowned manufacturers covering eScooters, eBikes & more. In order to retail for these brands we have to verify that our operations meet their industry standards. We are based in the UK and currently retail through our website. We are expanding soon to have a physical showroom and space, but due to COVID19 lockdowns this has been delayed. Our friendly team are all based in the UK and our sales manager would be more than happy to help find the right eBike for you if you get in touch with us directly.

Secondly, it's easy for me to write words on here to 'convince' you that we are legitimate, but please see our company filings here for proof that we are actively trading.

Further, we take our reviews and feedback extremely seriously and I can reassure you that all our reviews on Trustpilot here are from genuine orders and customers. You can verify this by the 'Verified' tick that appears when a customer receives an automated email from Trustpilot after they have received their order from us (Trustpilot links into our eCommerce system to verify their order is completed).

To address your comments, let me clarify:

Our address can clearly be seen on companies house - as it's not a physical showroom (explained above), we did not want customers to 'show up' outside our offices. The webserver is using Shopify's DNS which is our ecommerce platform (they are based in Canada). Feel free to call our number and you will be able to speak to a real human, based in the UK. In regards to stock we make it clear whether an item is for 'Preorder' on each product page. During these trying times it's always best to enquire with us to see if there is anything we can secure you immediately, rather than waiting for stock to arrive. Many customers are preordering with us to ensure they receive their products when they arrive.

I hope the above reassures you that we are here to serve, and do so to the best of our ability. We are here for the long-term and value every customer interaction we have.

If you have any further concerns feel free to speak to me directly on: lex@electricrider.co.uk or to our team on info@electricrider.co.uk where we can help find the right eBike for you.

Best regards,

Alexander Bell

I see from your company listing that your business address is a Virtual office, namely this one:

Our address can clearly be seen on companies house
Why not show company details on your website?

Why not list a real physical office address on your website? Offices usually have lockable doors. Why not use a UK warehouse address? Those also usually feature lockable doors.

Why not show stock levels?

I'm not saying that you have done this, and this is for only for your information: Verified ticks on Trustpilot can be obtained without much difficulty.

authorized
...that's not how you spell it in English. Are you Canadian or American?

I'm not saying your company isn't authentic, please consider this: Pretty much all Facebook ad scams are perpetrated using legitimate platforms, listing virtual office addresses, if they list an address at all. A company trading profitably since October 2017, would surely get a proper physical office and a better online retail prescence by now? It's a small price to pay.

Last edited:

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I see from your company listing that your business address is a Virtual office, namely this one:

Why not show company details on your website?

Why not list a real physical office address on your website? Offices usually have lockable doors.

Why not show stock levels?

I'm not saying that you have done this, and this is for only for your information: Verified ticks on Trustpilot can be obtained without much difficulty.
Good post back in return . Just have to be wary in todays World with so many people have been conned and its only right to check firms out when not so sure ..ill personally just purchase from a local store i reckon as i did hear from a guy who while back this was sent for a guitar just over £1000.00 worth and did not receive the guitar and so i also was myself done when booking online for a Bnb in another part from where i belong.. and this happened to be from a conning website i found out just in time ...this when i did feel wary about it and contacted the Bank who told me to send emails i received to them and came up it was a conning firm .

All good online and i like many have purchased many things online , but u have to be wary and IF this is a Genuine firm Elec Rider ..but you have to understand Electric Rider that people shall be wary online in todays World as people now are more wary getting of duped Websites and this before they part with their hard earned moneys .

As for the person hiding in the background who contacted you cant they own up and put all of their thoughts for all to view ? ..As for person who contacted you to say about my post then for me > He or She sounds suspicious also .

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Have you looked at https://www.e-bikesdirect.co.uk/electric-bikes/step-through-frames/
I've never dealt with that company but several people here have made good comments about them.

That sounds like a better plan. While I have every sympathy for companies wanting to keep their costs low, by using existing mass-market online selling platforms and virtual offices, the optics don't look good for the long term. At some viable point, it's worth investing in real offices (with lockable doors) and better online selling facilities, which inspire confidence. Revealing company details and address on their own website, rather than a forum, is preferable.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Caveat emptor is all I can say.
I have only been caught once by a dodgy trader and didn't do my homework properly, I got all my money back about 3 weeks later (not much but nearly £50 is nearly £50 ).
Now I check feed back and companies house before I buy from a Co. if not used before, if any thing doesn't look right on companies house I forget and look elsewhere.

D

Deleted member 33385

Alexander Bell

Shopify is great for startups, but I don't see any logical reason why any company of significant online turnover would continue to use Shopify anyway! They'd get better terms (and features) using a scalable cloud based CMS of their own, using their own payment gateway, or even a mix of Stripe plus the Paypal API. The investment would pay for itself pretty fast. PM me with my consultancy fee Alexander Bell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

A decent SEO consultant would also make you more money - at present, Mr. Bell - you're tied to Shopify and it's SEO whims.

Last edited:

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021
...that's not how you spell it in English. Are you Canadian or american?
They also use that spelling in their About Us section on the website. In addition the Terms of Service under Limitatation of Liability they refer to "100 USD". Also why would a UK company need to add a clause "United States Legal Compliance". These terms look like a badly edited cut and paste of some boiler plate US terms??

From the Companies House filed accounts the company has only been active at most since Oct 2019 (as it filed Dormant Company accounts for the 2 years prior to that). It also had 1 employee in year to Oct 20 and under £1300 of finished good stock, which seems far too low for even a local bike shop let alone an online retailer which is supposedly an authorized (sic) dealer for "35+ brands" (although on a couple of the brands I quickly looked at I couldn't see them in the list of authorised dealers...maybe Juicy Bikes or Wisper can confirm as they are brands listed on the site?). Can't find a VAT number either. It certainly doesn't make me feel comfortable looking at that one set of accounts.

I would love to believe this company is for real as they offer a huge selection and good pricing and I have been considering a couple of the offerings which are in stock per the site (which if so is a rarity at the moment). They do seem to offer a PayPal as a payment method so there could be protection there if things go wrong. I guess we need feedback from a trusted source that's actually dealt with them.

Last edited:

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021
To be fair to ER I've just been looking at the Ezego bike owners Facebook page and there's at least one person who's ordered from ER and had their bike OK (says they ordered in Jan and was delivered 6 days ago). No reason to suspect they are not genuine so that's a bit more encouraging.

Reactions: pentiumofborg
D

Deleted member 33385

To be fair to ER I've just been looking at the Ezego bike owners Facebook page and there's at least one person who's ordered from ER and had their bike OK (says they ordered in Jan and was delivered 6 days ago). No reason to suspect they are not genuine so that's a bit more encouraging.

Do you mean this page? Who is the (at least) one person who has had something delivered via carrier via Electric Rider? I can't find any reference to Electric Rider on this Facebook page:

D

Deleted member 33385

Is this the same "Electric Rider"?

... do they have dropshipping arrangements with manufacturers? Dropshipping would explain the absence of a warehouse - zero inventory, because they keep track of supplier stock, and producs are shipped directly from suppliers. Margins are slim in that business model, usually. Shopify gets higher rankings on Google for some bike online shops, than the suppliers do for their own websites. If suppliers SEO their websites better, they wouldn't need dropshippers - but it is an expensive game: SEO.

Their previous Virtual Office appears to be this one:

...the address is the same and is quoted here:

Last edited:

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021
Reactions: pentiumofborg

Related Articles

Advertisers