Is this a Genuine company ?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Book of faces never needed them and won't ever need them.

Reactions: TedG

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
...that's not how you spell it in English. Are you Canadian or american?
As an aside, I had the pleasure to see “the secret life of words” theatre show by famed lexicographer Susie Dent. It was wonderfully entertaining.

Susie discussed “-ised” vs. “-ized“. To my surprise, Susie chooses to use “-ized“ as she feels it is closer to the original Greek form. Much as I hang on her every word I cannot bring myself to use “-ized” after having had “-ised” drummed into me during my formative years.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
I tend to use 'ize' because it looks nicer in most fonts.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
In our digital world the keyboard/fonts have it, whereas the art of handwriting is largely forgotten.
My handwriting is really bad (cut opposing muscle when very little ... also makes some thumb shifters difficult). But the 'z' curly handwriting I was taught is an even better reason to use 'ize' than in most fonts.

D

Deleted member 33385

As an aside, I had the pleasure to see “the secret life of words” theatre show by famed lexicographer Susie Dent. It was wonderfully entertaining.

Susie discussed “-ised” vs. “-ized“. To my surprise, Susie chooses to use “-ized“ as she feels it is closer to the original Greek form. Much as I hang on her every word I cannot bring myself to use “-ized” after having had “-ised” drummed into me during my formative years.

Is she related to Arthur Dent? In a performance, it's good to play Devil's Advocate about something, to stimulate the audience. My handwriting is so bad these days... I print letters out in a nice font, and trace over with a pen. It's the only way I can write legibly.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc

RetiredAndRolling

Pedelecer
Mar 30, 2019
Is she related to Arthur Dent? In a performance, it's good to play Devil's Advocate about something, to stimulate the audience. My handwriting is so bad these days... I print letters out in a nice font, and trace over with a pen. It's the only way I can write legibly.
Is Susie (or is it Suzie:)?) Dent related to Arthur Dent? I don’t think that’s the case. She certainly didn’t mention anything about ambiguities in underlying metaphors :D.

• :D
Reactions: pentiumofborg

Emanresu

Pedelecer
Dec 28, 2019
I see that in response to the comments here, the site now has a CoHo number and VAT Registration.

If you are in any doubt about a company when considering a purchase, then use a Credit Card and get protection for any purchase over £100 as explained by Martin here

Reactions: shed

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021
I see that in response to the comments here, the site now has a CoHo number and VAT Registration.

If you are in any doubt about a company when considering a purchase, then use a Credit Card and get protection for any purchase over £100 as explained by Martin here

Having a VAT number, and it does check out as valid on Gov.UK, is a further comforting sign as I couldn't see how they could be doing a decent level of business without being VAT registered.

Apologies to ER for having had some doubts but the information in the public domain did understandably raise a few red flags. However, it's pleasing to see they've taken onboard some of the observations made on this thread incl VAT number and changing $ to £ in the Terms of Service. I think I personally would now be reassured enough to order from them, although still taking the precaution of using a credit card as Emanresu suggest, as I would do with any large purchase regardless of how robust a company appears.

D

Deleted member 33385

Is Susie (or is it Suzie:)?) Dent related to Arthur Dent? I don’t think that’s the case. She certainly didn’t mention anything about ambiguities in underlying metaphors :D.

We can't discount anything at this point. Talking of mice - I've been trying to trap a mouse (or mice) which turned up, soon after the restaurants closed during the first lockdown. I've never had mice in my flat before - although saying that - my cats (when they were alive) may have terminated many without my knowledge... It keeps ignoring my humane mousetrap! I've tried enticing it in, for almost a year: peanut butter, cashew butter, cheese, rice, flour - it eats all these if I leave them at the opening, but clearly it's worked out how the mechanism functions and will not be fooled...

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
We can't discount anything at this point. Talking of mice - I've been trying to trap a mouse (or mice) which turned up, soon after the restaurants closed during the first lockdown. I've never had mice in my flat before - although saying that - my cats (when they were alive) may have terminated many without my knowledge... It keeps ignoring my humane mousetrap! I've tried enticing it in, for almost a year: peanut butter, cashew butter, cheese, rice, flour - it eats all these if I leave them at the opening, but clearly it's worked out how the mechanism functions and will not be fooled...
Contact pest vermin control in your area and then they shall get rid of it ..what they do is put down a wheat grain mix of seeds in a small pile on a newspaper as the the mouse or mice tend to love them type seeds and gobble up the seeds this normally mice or mouse gobble up most probs at night time and then feel unwell and so go away to die ..sad likes but u dont want mice in your house ..This is all needs to be done when all else fails ..and i tried mouse traps with alike u mentioned and never worked either ..but seeing local area regards pest control worked ..Its trying to see where mouse or mice are coming into your house from as a mouse shall get into a very small hole the thickness of say a pencil ..but this is way i got rid of what pest control said was one mouse with a newspaper down and seeds they use ontop in a pile ..As for companys who sells bikes and such likes then if your wary as i was and then i just stay away and look elsewhere ..local is probs safest but again all to their own and id not go with one persons nice words on facebook lol or reviews on a companys site as then friends and family of company can easily put up fake reviews ...Always best to do your homework and i was wary and why i also put up on this very site for others to view incase it was or is a not genuine company ..I still am unsure and so have stayed well away ..

Last edited:

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Mice leave a greasy trail wherever they run. Cats can tune in to the smell of that trail, so if a mouse is about, the cat knows, and it'll stake out where the smell is the strongest until it catches the mouse/mice. That's why cats are so good for mice and rats, though it tends to be bigger cats that go after rats.

I used to have rats under my shed. I was trying to figure out the humane way to deal with them until my neighbour poisoned them. Even 6 months later, a big white cat comes and sits by the shed staring at it for hours at a time.

Until a year ago, I had two cats and never any problems with mice or rats except for the occasional half dead mouse that the cat brought me as a present.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Hi Budsy,

This is Alexander Bell, Founder and Managing Director of Electric Rider.

Shame to be acquainted with you on such a thread, but thought it would be best to make an account for our business on this forum to address your valid concern and comments, after it was drawn to my attention by a customer this morning.

Firstly, we are a legitimate retail platform and an authorized dealer for over 35+ world renowned manufacturers covering eScooters, eBikes & more. In order to retail for these brands we have to verify that our operations meet their industry standards. We are based in the UK and currently retail through our website. We are expanding soon to have a physical showroom and space, but due to COVID19 lockdowns this has been delayed. Our friendly team are all based in the UK and our sales manager would be more than happy to help find the right eBike for you if you get in touch with us directly.

Secondly, it's easy for me to write words on here to 'convince' you that we are legitimate, but please see our company filings here for proof that we are actively trading.

Further, we take our reviews and feedback extremely seriously and I can reassure you that all our reviews on Trustpilot here are from genuine orders and customers. You can verify this by the 'Verified' tick that appears when a customer receives an automated email from Trustpilot after they have received their order from us (Trustpilot links into our eCommerce system to verify their order is completed).

To address your comments Pentium, let me clarify:

Our address can clearly be seen on companies house - as it's not a physical showroom (explained above), we did not want customers to 'show up' outside our offices. The webserver is using Shopify's DNS which is our ecommerce platform (they are based in Canada). Feel free to call our number and you will be able to speak to a real human, based in the UK. In regards to stock we make it clear whether an item is for 'Preorder' on each product page. During these trying times it's always best to enquire with us to see if there is anything we can secure you immediately, rather than waiting for stock to arrive. Many customers are preordering with us to ensure they receive their products when they arrive.

I hope the above reassures you that we are here to serve, and do so to the best of our ability. We are here for the long-term and value every customer interaction we have.

If you have any further concerns feel free to speak to me directly on: lex@electricrider.co.uk or to our team on info@electricrider.co.uk where we can help find the right eBike for you.

Best regards,

Alexander Bell
Ohhh what have i started with just being wary as to purchasing online as u get odd sellers who are dubious and just Cranks and i have nout against you at all but thought worth putting up on site for others to be made aware of parting good money to a possible fraudster .. I dont know but i certainly aint taking a chance purchasing online a bike worth a lot and maybe not receiving the bike at all ..Id prefer buying locally and hey you cant say anything is wrong with that as its called being wise .. and at the same time making others aware when online shopping for expensive things like an e bike .. I am awaiting my gold medal for putting up ..By any chance arent you the Scotsman that invented the telephone i much doubt ? bike company ? ? :D

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

I watched my much bigger cat eat a live 10 inch long (body) rat once... He brought it home for me, and when I didn't immediately pounce on the rat and eat it (I'd already had pizza)... he chewed off the rat's head and swallowed that, then he somehow surgically removed it's stomach through it's neck, and carefully placed that on the floor, intact, then he swallowed the whole rat body. He chewed and swallowed, chewed and swallowed the rat - breaking it's bones, as he swallowed it progressively. There was almost no blood visible anywhere... just a rat's stomach on the floor.

Rats and mice leave a trail of urine and faeces for their companions and descendants to follow - where they go, there are no roads. Vfr400, sooner or later, that large white cat will hit paydirt. (If it doesn't get skin cancer first - there's no UV protective melanin in white cat skin).

I'm trying melon seeds and whole wheatgerm, to entice it into the trap, but the shape of the humane trap may be too similar to rat traps... quite often rats and mice become immune to the poisons - if they haven't eaten enough of it to die. My humane mousetrap, may look like something that has given it stomach-ache in the past...

Last edited:

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Shout from our neighbour a few year ago ...
Kitty, Kitty, your cat's got a rat; and the rat is bigger than the cat.

(* Kitty is my wife, not the cat)

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I watched my much bigger cat eat a live 10 inch long (body) rat once... He brought it home for me, and when I didn't immediately pounce on the rat and eat it (I'd already had pizza)... he chewed off the rat's head and swallowed that, then he somehow surgically removed it's stomach through it's neck, and carefully placed that on the floor, intact, then he swallowed the whole rat body. He chewed and swallowed, chewed and swallowed the rat - breaking it's bones, as he swallowed it progressively. There was almost no blood visible anywhere... just a rat's stomach on the floor.

Rats and mice leave a trail of urine and faeces for their companions and descendants to follow - where they go, there are no roads. Vfr400, sooner or later, that large white cat will hit paydirt. (If it doesn't get skin cancer first - there's no UV protective melanin in white cat skin).

I'm trying melon seeds and whole wheatgerm, to entice it into the trap, but the shape of the humane trap may be too similar to rat traps... quite often rats and mice become immune to the poisons, especially if they haven't eaten enough of it to die. My humane mousetrap, may look like something that has given it stomach-ache in the past...
And a was about to eat dinner just after reading this post :(

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Back to e bikes here and i was contemplating the Emu step through bike but with front wheel drive in a way puts me off as weight id have with both panniers on back of rack and myself on seat all weight would be on back of bike and that could then cause spin or just weight distribution way out ..put me off going for an e bike with front wheel drive ..So im thinking what is best way to go ?

Related Articles

Advertisers