Is this a Genuine company ?

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
The merits of Front hub vs Rear hub vs Mid-drive are hotly debated. Front pannier?

Cheers for answer ^ I have thought about this with say a front pannier

as this would even more so the weight distribution and aid in the front wheel
not spinning out of control id think and hope :) Certainly got me thinking this once i do purchase an E Bike ..Im awaiting stores opening when covid is hopefully dying away
once and for all and this well maybe the way i shall go ..

Reactions: pentiumofborg

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Cheers for answer ^ I have thought about this with say a front pannier

as this would even more so the weight distribution and aid in the front wheel
not spinning out of control id think and hope :) Certainly got me thinking this once i do purchase an E Bike ..Im awaiting stores opening when covid is hopefully dying away
once and for all and this well maybe the way i shall go ..

You'll very likely be waiting a few years yet, for Covid to die - sorry to say. If you're confident with bike tools, you could convert an old bike?

Seems easier to buy a kit from the UK at the moment, if they haven't all sold out. If you upload a photo and details of whatever bike you are interested in buying, I'm sure someone will be able to advise on how you could convert it, if you wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: budsy

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Shout from our neighbour a few year ago ...
Kitty, Kitty, your cat's got a rat; and the rat is bigger than the cat.

(* Kitty is my wife, not the cat)

It was mostly fear and party morbid interest, which prevented me from attempting to remove the rat from my monster cat's grasp. He was a formidable beast, twice the weight of his little brother - skull and paws twice the size. I had always wondered quite how cats ate such big rats. I mean... cats don't have jaws which dislocate, like snakes do. Cats crush and swallow the whole rat, all at once, a bit at a time. He looked soooo happy and content all day, after eating that massive rat! Then he went out and got another one. Relentless hunters both.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjpt

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
It was mostly fear and party morbid interest, which prevented me from attempting to remove the rat from my monster cat's grasp. He was a formidable beast, twice the weight of his little brother - skull and paws twice the size. I had always wondered quite how cats ate such big rats. I mean... cats don't have jaws which dislocate, like snakes do. Cats crush and swallow the whole rat, all at once, a bit at a time. He looked soooo happy and content all day, after eating that massive rat! Then he went out and got another one. Relentless hunters both.
You'll very likely be waiting a few years yet, for Covid to die - sorry to say. If you're confident with bike tools, you could convert an old bike?

Seems easier to buy a kit from the UK at the moment, if they haven't all sold out. If you upload a photo and details of whatever bike you are interested in buying, I'm sure someone will be able to advise on how you could convert it, if you wanted to.
9 minutes ago
pentiumofborg said:

Crikey i worry when ive nothing to worry about and now you have me
worried regards covid possibly lasting another few yrs :(
C'mon now pentiumofborg enough of that stuff :)

Anyhow i think another yr and we shall get more so back to normal as once everyone
gets their second jab then im sure covid shall go downhill big time
but again other variants could become possible which we dont want at all

or else its a life in which left we shall all be dodging one another as has been
since it all began , when out for a walk around block and all i see is people on pavements often walking around about onto the grass verges this to avoid one another lol

Have had some laughs about that likes ^ :D

But its all a sad way to live a life ..As for ebike ill bide my time ..

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Mice like chocolate best, use a potato peeler to get a few flakes and eat the rest yourself. If that fails, you still have had some chocolate.

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Mice like chocolate best, use a potato peeler to get a few flakes and eat the rest yourself. If that fails, you still have had some chocolate.
Gd idea tell the wife to buy u an easter egg for the mice .. and leave a tad on the trap and hey eat the rest nothing wrong in such :)

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020

Yes, my gas engineer suggested that, and I had a go - no dice, or diced mice... oh wait, it's a humane mouse trap:

It's ignoring whole wheatgerm, but that's several years old. I might get fresher, more appetising whole wheat. It did go mad for brown lentils, but only when it was in a plastic bag - ignored it in the trap. I'll keep trying.

Last edited:

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
9 minutes ago

Crikey i worry when ive nothing to worry about and now you have me
worried regards covid possibly lasting another few yrs :(
C'mon now pentiumofborg enough of that stuff :)

Anyhow i think another yr and we shall get more so back to normal as once everyone
gets their second jab then im sure covid shall go downhill big time
but again other variants could become possible which we dont want at all

or else its a life in which left we shall all be dodging one another as has been
since it all began , when out for a walk around block and all i see is people on pavements often walking around about onto the grass verges this to avoid one another lol

Have had some laughs about that likes ^ :D

But its all a sad way to live a life ..As for ebike ill bide my time ..

Sorry. Best be prepared - at least 30% say they will never get vaccinated, and it only takes a small handful of people infected with an new mutation, for it to spread rapidly throughout the entire country and the world - like the Kent mutation for instance, which is now the dominant strain in the USA.

Reactions: budsy

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs

Sorry. Best be prepared - at least 30% say they will never get vaccinated, and it only takes a small handful of people infected with an new mutation, for it to spread rapidly throughout the entire country and the world - like the Kent mutation for instance, which is now the dominant strain in the USA.
And they say we can't export these days...

• :D

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
  • :D
Reactions: Croxden

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Seen this mge ..These are extremely good value coming in at £1199

What u guys reckon belows specs for e bike for price ? in say comparison to Emu step through bikes ..

250W 36V front hub brushless gear drive
42Nm regulated to 15.5 mph
Removable 418Wh (11.6Ah) 36v with
SAMSUNG cells
40 miles (60km) based on average
conditions
540Wh (15Ah) 36v with throttle cable
12 magnetic point speed sensor
5 mode LED module with walk assist
2Ah 36v smart charger - 4h charge time
Waterproof IP67 with quick connectors
Alloy low step with internal cables
Alloy suspension, hydraulic lockout
16”
Shimano NEXUS RapidFire
Shimano NEXUS 7 Speed
Alloy 44 tooth 170mm
Alloy with non-slip sandpaper tread
Sealed cartridge
KMC anti-rust
Kenda Kwick Journey 26” x 1.75”
puncture protect
High pressure Presta valve
Alloy double wall 36 hole
Stainless with brass nipples - 13G front
/ 14G rear
23.5kgs
20kgs
3.5kgs
Promax mechanical disc brakes
Alloy 3 finger with safety power cut-off
160mm front & rear
Velo plush comfort
Alloy dual adjust 350mm
Alloy with allen key bolt
Alloy back-swept 600mm, 25.4 bar bore
Alloy adjustable 100mm
Velo double density Palmwing with
lockrings
Alloy semi-integrated
Alloy with alloy stays
Alloy rear pannier with bungee straps
Alloy centre mounted

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Seen this mge ..These are extremely good value coming in at £1199

What u guys reckon belows specs for e bike for price ? in say comparison to Emu step through bikes ..

250W 36V front hub brushless gear drive
42Nm regulated to 15.5 mph
Removable 418Wh (11.6Ah) 36v with
SAMSUNG cells
40 miles (60km) based on average
conditions
540Wh (15Ah) 36v with throttle cable
12 magnetic point speed sensor
5 mode LED module with walk assist
2Ah 36v smart charger - 4h charge time
Waterproof IP67 with quick connectors
Alloy low step with internal cables
Alloy suspension, hydraulic lockout
16”
Shimano NEXUS RapidFire
Shimano NEXUS 7 Speed
Alloy 44 tooth 170mm
Alloy with non-slip sandpaper tread
Sealed cartridge
KMC anti-rust
Kenda Kwick Journey 26” x 1.75”
puncture protect
High pressure Presta valve
Alloy double wall 36 hole
Stainless with brass nipples - 13G front
/ 14G rear
23.5kgs
20kgs
3.5kgs
Promax mechanical disc brakes
Alloy 3 finger with safety power cut-off
160mm front & rear
Velo plush comfort
Alloy dual adjust 350mm
Alloy with allen key bolt
Alloy back-swept 600mm, 25.4 bar bore
Alloy adjustable 100mm
Velo double density Palmwing with
lockrings
Alloy semi-integrated
Alloy with alloy stays
Alloy rear pannier with bungee straps
Alloy centre mounted

Budsy, your ebike findings are getting murkier! Where, what or who did this come from? I think you need to build your own, using a kit! Or buy one from a UK shop that people on this forum have some knowledge or experience of - if you want an ebike soon-ish.

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Budsy, your ebike findings are getting murkier! Where, what or who did this come from? I think you need to build your own, using a kit! Or buy one from a UK shop that people on this forum have some knowledge or experience of - if you want an ebike soon-ish.
Hi with Murkier what do you mean Pentiumfborg ? ...Do you mean conning ? ...Do u see anything wrong in the above stats on an e bike for that price mark ? Was sent to me from some guy from a firm who sells e bikes and he told me not to divulge on social media bicycle forums about it and this makes me think maybe dodgy ..email was sent me after i had enquired about another bike ..the guy came onto say BUT we do have a better ebike which would suit my needs and a good price and gave above stats of bike in that last post ..I do think id be best going local or at least a reputable store that sells via online and have delivered to house ..Are many online suppliers out there and vast majority Genuine ..Quick edit - This bike ive been looking at but front wheel drive in a way is off putting
in this link

I dont mind paying more £s for an e bike likes ..i do have a rack on my non ebike at back
i use for 2 Ortlieb click on panniers either side and are heavy when i do go fishing
with rod on bar but this is getting a bit much for me nowadays that i could do with electrics to aid up hilly areas and this with myself on bike and 2 heavy panniers on back ..Maybe a pannier on front would help although i dont mind looking at other e bikes as get some with a pannier rack also on front as well as back of bike and prefer no bar along top of bike nowadays as i aint getting any younger and beginning to struggle ..Anyone sees any price range up to at most say £2000 then id look seriously at such ..

Last edited:

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Hi with Murkier what do you mean Pentiumfborg ? ...Do you mean conning ? ...Do u see anything wrong in the above stats on an e bike for that price mark ? Was sent to me from some guy from a firm who sells e bikes and he told me not to divulge on social media bicycle forums about it and this makes me think maybe dodgy ..email was sent me after i had enquired about another bike ..the guy came onto say BUT we do have a better ebike which would suit my needs and a good price and gave above stats of bike in that last post ..I do think id be best going local or at least a reputable store that sells via online and have delivered to house ..Are many online suppliers out there and vast majority Genuine ..Quick edit - This bike ive been looking at but front wheel drive in a way is off putting
in this link

I dont mind paying more £s for an e bike likes ..i do have a rack on my non ebike at back
i use for 2 Ortlieb click on panniers either side and are heavy when i do go fishing
with rod on bar but this is getting a bit much for me nowadays that i could do with electrics to aid up hilly areas and this with myself on bike and 2 heavy panniers on back ..Maybe a pannier on front would help although i dont mind looking at other e bikes as get some with a pannier rack also on front as well as back of bike and prefer no bar along top of bike nowadays as i aint getting any younger and beginning to struggle ..Anyone sees any price range up to at most say £2000 then id look seriously at such ..

The trouble with social media posts, is that not a lot is verifiable: deals appear and disappear, rumours abound, there's no way of knowing how well those deals went for the buyer... it gets murky in that sense.

I have no idea how good that emu bike is - one of the experts might. e-bikesdirect.co.uk seems to be mentioned a lot on these forums:

...as do emu bikes in general, from e-bikesdirect.co.uk:

I'd definitely ring to make certain that the bike you want is in stock, before you place an order.

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Social media: I received a question from a friend asking whether a spotting scope advertised on Facebook was any good - it wasn't - just some cheap horrible rubbish with an inadequate diffraction grating instead of a lens, rebadged and attached to a Spopify website featuring better photos of the product, higher price, and accompanied by lies that it contained technology invented by NASA. Murky.

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Budsy - did you send me a PM? The website wouldn't let me reply. If you post a new thread asking about any bike you'd like information about, it'd be more noticeable, than hidden away on this one.

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Hi Pentium, Yes i did sorry , ill just keep them open on the forum here ..

I went out today to look in 2 bike shops and was taken away with 2 e bikes

had specs id be wanting but when in one store i said to guy as no price tag was on one of bikes

and was a cracker and asked him price he was rushing upstairs and said 3 grand his words were and i went asked other guy the very same Question how much is that very same bike upstairs was only one with rack on both back and front of bike and he said around 2.5 grand

then just over that he said ..I then left for other stope smaller and was one good e bike i also liked was just over 2.5 grand ..the batteries in frame of bike ..sturdy looking e bikes ..

one store had Trek e bikes other Haibike made from Germany ..id prefer British make as id think out of EU now easier with parts if buying Trek make ? ..But then again maybe not ? But online Trek have e bikes with gearing inside hub of bike which is i think a good thing as not need so much maintenance ..have several ive looked at here as well as has racks on back of bike and odd one or two racks also on front with gears inside hub ..check link below Pentium .. https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/hybrid-bikes/c/B528/?q=:relevance&page=1&pageSize=24

budsy

Pedelecer
May 16, 2020
Pentium - This was pics i took from stores not much room in two bike stores one in particualar as was small inside with not so much room ..

This was one of bikes which looked sturdy and ideal but again bit pricey if the £3 grand ?

what one of workers said when on his way back up stairs ..he seen me looking at it just not long before this ..other guy said just over 2.5 grand ..20210409_122731.jpg

pentiumofborg

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2020
Wobbly pricing doesn't sound good... Inflated £500 within seconds. Do you want to spend that much anyway? It's hard to see what those are without model numbers. From what I've seen of Haibikes and other Bosch motored ebikes on these forums.. they do seem to be a right expensive pains to get fixed. A ready made e-bike that you have a chance of repairing yourself, would be better for the long term, and those tend to be cheaper. Or you could get a decent bike to convert and a kit - when bits break down, spares are usually easy and cheap to buy.

Last edited: