Is this a Genuine company ?

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Wobbly pricing doesn't sound good... Inflated £500 within seconds. Do you want to spend that much anyway? It's hard to see what those are without model numbers. From what I've seen of Haibikes and other Bosch motored ebikes.. they do seem to be a right expensive pains to get fixed. A ready made e-bike that you have a chance of repairing yourself, would be better for the long term, and those tend to be cheaper. Or you could get a decent bike to convert and a kit - when bits break down, spares are usually easy and cheap to buy.
Yes they did put me off with pricing at beginning ..were both busy it seemed but much change with price of same bike is off putting and makes me wonder they arent worth it

i think buying from somewhere like Trek would be best way as least id be getting split new and so no problems and if there was within a short time they would surely see to that
im sure some bikes have a free guarantee to some parts for 1 yr or so ? He did say had Wisper sending him a few bikes nxt month and i just said yes heard they alike Woosh are a good company ive heard ..

But again it is easier to take a bike back to a store where bought and can ask such things before you buy from them ..regards Haibikes man in store said would get parts for it
even when i said out of EU now ..but again sales them people are looking for i know ..sturdy bikes they were but with the derailleur gears which i prefer gearing inside hub of bike ..I do see they are pricey .. As for fixing bikes i aint good at DIY regards ebikes at all ..Its an raleigh bike i have had for some yrs now and although looked after the bike its the hills do me in nowadays ..has gears inside hub and rack on back ^ cromally is frame is the metal ..

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi folks ,

Just asking if any of you know if this is a Genuine company in the below link

Why im asking is it seems easy for crooks to make up a company name with nice looking websites where prices seem ok ..and so im not so sure if to splash the cash in which i cant afford to be done for in these trying times .. Website below which came up on my facebook page ..as i tend to get some come up now and then ..

Link > https://www.electricrider.co.uk/collections/step-through
I can confirm they are legit. They have sold a hell of a lot of our bikes. It's my opinion that they have grown too quickly and are stretched, however I know they are in the process of investing in more people. They are fundamentally a great company and the only people I trust to drop ship.

All the best, David

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I can confirm they are legit. They have sold a hell of a lot of our bikes. It's my opinion that they have grown too quickly and are stretched, however I know they are in the process of investing in more people. They are fundamentally a great company and the only people I trust to drop ship.

All the best, David
Thats ok then , but no harm in enquiring if a company is genuine or not

but again ive not been right up to detail on bike companys for some yrs
apart from say raleigh and ive heard of Trek recent yrs but Raleigh have been a name known for many a year

And im learning as i go along ..But people who are buying a bike online
have to know if a company if genuine or not in todays World online as prices for bikes are very expensive and u cant blame me for asking about it .

Anyhow also all the best .

shed

Pedelecer
Mar 6, 2021

All the best, David
David

Thanks for coming on and confirming the legitimacy of Electric Rider. I think it was fair enough to question their credentials given what was available to judge them on but you, as a reputable and well respected supplier, vouching for them clears the issues. In which case I wish ER well and hope they have a lot of satisfied customers.

As a matter of curiousity what do suppliers like you get from drop shippers rather selling direct yourselves, surely you cut sell cheaper as there's one less link in the chain taking their cut ?

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
but Raleigh have been a name known for many a year
Yes, but a completely different company than it used to be; though still nominally based in Nottingham. https://www.raleigh.co.uk/gb/en/about-us/history/
In 2012 Raleigh was purchased by Netherlands-based bicycle company Accell Group. Accell is one of the largest bicycle companies in Europe, with a portfolio of 18 bicycle brands including Lapierre, Haibike and Winora.

Same as Claud Butler and many other bike brands (and Bush and millions of other brands in all areas).

Raleigh do still make some decent bikes; very happy with our 2nd hand Motus.

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
Yes, but a completely different company than it used to be; though still nominally based in Nottingham. https://www.raleigh.co.uk/gb/en/about-us/history/
In 2012 Raleigh was purchased by Netherlands-based bicycle company Accell Group. Accell is one of the largest bicycle companies in Europe, with a portfolio of 18 bicycle brands including Lapierre, Haibike and Winora.

Same as Claud Butler and many other bike brands (and Bush and millions of other brands in all areas).

Raleigh do still make some decent bikes; very happy with our 2nd hand Motus.
Ok cheers for info although i did know was in Nottingham where Raleigh was born , Non e bike i have had for some yrs now is a Raleigh ... Sad though that Britain or UK as some prefer to say has allowed another country to take over one of their flag ship bicycle companys in a way as was many moons ago known raleigh as a British company not a Dutch company ..But again Dutch being a flat country have always been a big bike country ..Germany also seems to be as always doing very well ..Britain today a big ?

D

Deleted member 33385

I caught the mouse!

It was terrified, and dropped a lot of dander when it saw me. Months I've been trying, MONTHS! ALMOST A YEAR! My latest strategy, was to place very small amounts of flour further and further along the trap tube, over a few nights. Once it got used to being inside the trap - I put a small pile of flour on the trigger and hey presto mouso! I released it into the woods... but the trap came down on it's back while it was running out, because the trap moved and triggered, as the mouse ran along the trap to escape. It wasn't hurt - I have a video fo it struggling under the trap door before I let it go, which I might upload later. It didn't go as planned, unlike Elsa's release in "Born Free":

budsy

Banned
May 16, 2020
I caught the mouse!

View attachment 41900

It was terrified, and dropped a lot of dander when it saw me. Months I've been trying, MONTHS! ALMOST A YEAR! My latest strategy, was to place very small amounts of flour further and further along the trap tube, over a few nights. Once it got used to being inside the trap - I put a small pile of flour on the trigger and hey presto mouso! I released it into the woods... but the trap came down on it's back while it was running out, because the trap moved and triggered, as the mouse ran along the trap to escape. It wasn't hurt - I have a video fo it struggling under the trap door before I let it go, which I might upload later. It didn't go as planned, unlike Elsa's release in "Born Free":

There wiz a moose loose aboot ma hoose , but nae mair :D

• :D
Reactions: pentiumofborg

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
David

Thanks for coming on and confirming the legitimacy of Electric Rider. I think it was fair enough to question their credentials given what was available to judge them on but you, as a reputable and well respected supplier, vouching for them clears the issues. In which case I wish ER well and hope they have a lot of satisfied customers.

As a matter of curiousity what do suppliers like you get from drop shippers rather selling direct yourselves, surely you cut sell cheaper as there's one less link in the chain taking their cut ?
Hi Shed, good question and one we ponder quite regularly. We are not really set up top look after the end user directly although of course we will help anyone if they call us directly whether they have bought from us directly or not. We now sell many thousands of bikes a year and to have a Support Department big enough to look after everyone would be extreme. We don't normally work with drop shippers although we get a lot of enquiries. Electric Rider are different, they have a service department and generally look after their customers very well, this includes sending mobile mechanics to customers' homes. They have a good marketing team and reach a lot of customers we wouldn't and couldn't. We still recommend that customers buy from a bricks and mortar shop locally but we have to recognise that the internet is a powerful tool and people are very used to distance buying now. All the best, David

Related Articles

Advertisers