Is this the most over-priced ebike?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's a 26" wheel bike Rob, but yes, it still looks well overpriced. Nearer half that would be about right.

the_killjoy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 26, 2008
Based in China and delivery of 10 days to 1 month; although their blurb also says 3-5 working days ~ I think I can guess which is true.

But also note this disclaimer:

Notes:

We will NOT be responsible for any delay during delivery including but not limited to customs postage checking, strike, force majeure etc.

As a buyer, it is your duty to pay the tax when you make a order from abroad. Our price does not include taxes, VAT, or other hidden charges.

Reactions: flecc

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Based in China and delivery of 10 days to 1 month; although their blurb also says 3-5 working days ~ I think I can guess which is true.

But also note this disclaimer:

Notes:

We will NOT be responsible for any delay during delivery including but not limited to customs postage checking, strike, force majeure etc.

As a buyer, it is your duty to pay the tax when you make a order from abroad. Our price does not include taxes, VAT, or other hidden charges.
So it's plus import duty and VAT.

Perhaps you get 10 of them.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Think they've fooked up when changing the price. If you click on the ' 1 sold ' next to quantity, a customer bought it for £489, which is a much more realistic price.

Sometimes eBay sellers inflate buying price dramatically, so customers won't buy whilst they acquire more stock. In this case they have 10 available, so wouldn't have thought they've increased price due to stock level o_O

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
they put 10 in the available quantity box when posting the ad because that's the most they can put there for a 50p ad.
If for one reason or another, they can't supply (eg the bikes actually come from another importer like erolling), they change the price up to unrealistic level to stop customers placing orders until supplies become available again.

http://erollingbikes.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=18&product_id=54

by saying that they are based outside the EU is just another way of selling without VAT and guarantee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fordulike

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
speaking off pricey bikes: what are everyone's thoughts about this:
http://www.ridehelix.ca/
? Im torn between really, really wanting it (titanium is just such a lovely thing) and reading their bluff and somehow feeling its a start-up who don't know much about bicycles.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Not sure, the concept of the front fork legs folding back from the top really worries me more than anything else about it.

Reactions: derf

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
speaking off pricey bikes: what are everyone's thoughts about this:
http://www.ridehelix.ca/
? Im torn between really, really wanting it (titanium is just such a lovely thing) and reading their bluff and somehow feeling its a start-up who don't know much about bicycles.
If you live in Canada, then it might be worth a punt, as you can bray on their door when it breaks down.

If importing into UK, then it's a big risk.

Better to get something like this from Woosh, and relax in the knowledge you will have great after-sales service and water tight warranty to boot:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?gallego

Reactions: derf

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Not sure, the concept of the front fork legs folding back from the top really worries me more than anything else about it.
I agree flecc. How many times have we heard statements like this, only for the product to blow up in one's face :eek:

' Our patent pending spring loaded locking mechanisms pass through the fork and steerer tubes to create a safer lock. There is a secondary safety in place. The design is inherently safe '

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
If you live in Canada, then it might be worth a punt, as you can bray on their door when it breaks down.

If importing into UK, then it's a big risk.

Better to get something like this from Woosh, and relax in the knowledge you will have great after-sales service and water tight warranty to boot:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?gallego
many thanks, guess its back on the Brompton then, if only its titanium jobs weren't so expensive..

SteveRuss

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2015
Bristol, Uk
(Our brand is a reliable brand in electric vehicle industry relying on its large enterprise scale, extremely powerful brand influence, solid economic basis, advanced operation and management concepts, ‘anticipating’marketing concept and excellent products and services. Its annual production and scale surge ahead in the electric vehicle industry. Our products have been sold well in more than 30 countries all over the world, with more than 2,000 marketing service networks. Its products are exported to many distant countries and regions such as Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia and so on)

...Yawn... o_O

It's a shame they don't have a "Make an Offer" option... :D

Last edited: