It must be Spring...

NRG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2009
...or is it Summer :p

Never seen so many Lycra's come out of the wood work....'where were you guys when the weather was wet and cold!'...all seem in a great hurry to get somewhere.

Like the first Cuckoo call of spring I'm waiting for the first 'that's cheating' remark :D but it must be Spring as I've broken out my Shorts after their winter hibernation and the council, gas company and BT have all decided to dig up the local roads at the same time! Blasted traffic lights every where. :rolleyes:

Happy Cycling!

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
...or is it Summer :p

Never seen so many Lycra's come out of the wood work....'where were you guys when the weather was wet and cold!'...all seem in a great hurry to get somewhere.

Like the first Cuckoo call of spring I'm waiting for the first 'that's cheating' remark :D but it must be Spring as I've broken out my Shorts after their winter hibernation and the council, gas company and BT have all decided to dig up the local roads at the same time! Blasted traffic lights every where. :rolleyes:

Happy Cycling!
Hehe funny post NRG and so true. I too am seeing lycra everywhere I go and my town also has been dug up for some works or other! What is it about those damn temporary traffic lights..is it just me or do they seem to take an eternity to change?!

blather

Pedelecer
Feb 8, 2011
It is a beautiful day for a ride alright. unfortunately my new pro connect hasn't arrived yet:( Still I'll take my son out for a ride on the bakfiets, not so fast but still fun (over limited distances):)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
What is it about those damn temporary traffic lights..is it just me or do they seem to take an eternity to change?!
The problem is they have to be capable of a very long period after switching a direction to red for the traffic that's already passed to clear a long road works section.

I daresay the better sets have an interval adjustment to suit the road works length, but will the road workers know how to adjust the electronics to suit? I'd bet they're all left at the default maximum delay.

John L

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 23, 2007
I had great fun today:) I passed a chap in all the gear and in my mirror I could see that he was working hard to catch up. I'd let him close the gap a bit and then stretch it out on the hilly sections. It must have been very disheartening:) I don't normally think like that but the wind was behind me, the sun was shining and bike was moving well - I couldn't resist.

No doubt when this chap gets fit he'll leave me for dead!

John

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
It's barbecue weather today and my sons birthday, on this day five years ago we were worried that the snow would stop us getting to hospital. Our weather is so fickle.

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
you can say that again

I remember trudging to school to sit my o'Levels in June 1978 and it was snowing! By the end of the week the weather had changed and it was the start of the longest and best summer I can remember. The only thing that stopped the sun shining was appointing the Minister for Drought .... who seemingly had such powers that approx a week after he was appointed, the rain came!

Let's hope this is the start of a fantastic spring and summer :cool:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I remember trudging to school to sit my o'Levels in June 1978 and it was snowing! By the end of the week the weather had changed and it was the start of the longest and best summer I can remember.
That was 1976 surely, the year of the long hot summer. The June snow was widely reported in the national press. 1978 wasn't up to much by comparison and in fact 1976 was isolated in that decade which was otherwise a rather wet one. June, July and August of 1973 and 1974 were extremely wet, 30% and 25% above average rainfall respectively, the same months of 1976 just over 40% below.

thunderblue

Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2009
Manchester
That was 1976 surely, the year of the long hot summer. The June snow was widely reported in the national press. 1978 wasn't up to much by comparison and in fact 1976 was isolated in that decade which was otherwise a rather wet one. June, July and August of 1973 and 1974 were extremely wet, 30% and 25% above average rainfall respectively, the same months of 1976 just over 40% below.
You are right Flecc - hit the wrong key. Just trying to make myself 2 years younger ...;)