Italian pedelec crash *ouch!*

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Did the air bags save her?
A cyclist I know made that remark when his (fully clothed) daughter fell off her bike.

Creepy, I thought.

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
My granny would have said. "She's no better than she ought to be!" (I never understood it either.)

I expect the bloke who was shouting to her was calling her a cheat :)

Jim

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Blimey !!! Not only one dolly but two in their birthday suits, I don't see that where I ride or on the sunny South downs. Probably if I did it would me falling off.
The guy didn't even go back to help her obviously not a hot blooded Italian gigolo.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I bet many more of you are of Italian origin than you realise what with an Italian (Roman) occupation of 360 odd years. Plenty of time to have babies three and a half centuries! Check your DNA... ;)

Yes, yes there were mercenaries, I did history at high school too.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
and, more to the point, what proportion of the Italians on the pedelec forum are as, er, appealing as these two cyclists?
As long as your into brain dead bimbos.....
My wife says I'm not so our for mum is fine :rolleyes:

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
i see what you mean, but it does bring
I see what you mean, but it brings to mind the crank versus hub vendetta; or hub versus derailleur contest - it can be horses for courses, bimbos can be like derailleurs, very useful if maintained properly.

derf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 4, 2014
Lets hope she ok
I thought the same, in a more serious vein (specially since the guy didn't stop). But to be fair I've fallen at that kind of speed, often. Paradoxically it can be a very helpful experience - a few falls like that and one feels much more in control in "in extremis" near accident situations, and more able to manage and avoid bigger crashes.

SRS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 30, 2012
South Coast
I thought the same, in a more serious vein (specially since the guy didn't stop). But to be fair I've fallen at that kind of speed, often. Paradoxically it can be a very helpful experience - a few falls like that and one feels much more in control in "in extremis" near accident situations, and more able to manage and avoid bigger crashes.
I'm not sure she'd see it that way but she will have learnt some sort of lesson.