It's finally given up !

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
I am an unhappy owner of a Kalkhoff Agattu 11 SPD, I am not sure of the motor is ,but it has had problems,
Not exactly the clacking noise that has beset the Duam motor , but it seems the motor freewheel has given up.
The symptoms are you apply pressure to the pedals, then it slips , pedals rotate feely before engaging then supplies power ,then disengages when you back pedal or freewheel.
This annoying , especially when at a standstill, as you can't get away as you can't engage either motor or thereafter gear.
I know there are no servicable parts supplied,the only option is to have the motor replaced, but is it possible to strip down to find out why the motor freewheel does not engage/ disengage.

The bike was bought 2nd hand from 50 cycles Bristol showroom,sold as seen,a ex demo bike, so it is well out of warranty.my current thoughts are to maybe bung a hub drive in the back , or take servicable parts off the frame and build up a bike with a Bafang CTR drive, But I am unsure of how I can utilise the battery and controller.
Any advice!

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
50 cycles may still help you out with with warranty because the faults with this motor are well documented.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
it may be just the one way clutch.

D

Deleted member 4366

You can't change to different types of motor because there's no bottom bracket to fit a normal crank and pedals.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex