Its wet out!

MrH

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2009
Oxfordshire
Hi Folks,

I had a pretty damp cycle to work this morning, my Wispa was great and having mudguards certainly makes time spent out in the wet more bearable. I have been cycling long enough to know that staying dry is just not an option as it will either be rain or perspiration that gets you in the end.

I was wondering what everyone else does about their foot wear in the rain – I have some overshoes that fit my clippiy shoes for my other bikes but don’t think I want to put a set of those on over my trainers, and I got pretty wet/cold toes this morning!

Ta,
MrH.

Barnowl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 18, 2008
I had mudguards fitted to my bike when I bought it. I had considered removing them for the summer. What a waste of time that would have been. Blue skies, sunshine, sunglasses and a nice 15 min cycle ride. It's always that last mile that gets me with a vengeance.:eek: Soaked to the skin twice last week. Cycling in July seems to be worse than December. I use extra shoe polish - not that it works but I do like shiny shoes for work. Spare pair of socks is a good idea.
Interestingly enough even on longer 30 minute rides I don't have a persperation problem. I'll swear the air and water has a cooling effect that compensates for my plastic Kag.

MrH

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 21, 2009
Oxfordshire
Thanks guys, I might try the overshoes after all as I dont tend to waear my work gear on the way in.

Don't s'pose anyine has tried adding width to the bottom of ther front mud guard? I am experiencing another wet foot issue when cycling through puddles at speed - the water goes from the tyre into the mudguard and then out of the mudguard onto my feet! :(

Ta.

Advertisers