Juicy Nova

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Looking at their website is a pretty much basic everything. And of those there are a great deal now that ebiking has become a thing. It's trying to separate the wheat from the chaff.
If you compare it against something like a van moof, the cheaper bog standard chaff really are shown up to be a less than sensible option. And between this juicy nova and a van moof theres not really a huge amount of difference money wise.

From the juicy site -
" Stable (weight distribution) "
This is the heavy rear hub motor balanced by the cheapo heavyweight fork lol

Van moof site -

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
There's a lot to be said for quality 'cheaper bog standard' when it comes to maintenance.

AliC

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2021
Nipped out on my lunch break to the Juicy bike stockist. Nova is big when you see it in real life!
They've got 10% off their electric bikes at the moment.
The Ticket, Roller and Linaria all looked good. Might have had some more as well but didn't have much time to look.
Van Moof - too high a top bar for me! Had a look online and couldn't see any step through ones.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
There's a lot to be said for quality 'cheaper bog standard' when it comes to maintenance.
Fair comment. But why should people be paying 1500 quid for a BSO. They're just ripping folk off for their hard earned. Sure you can easily fix some parts, but then again are you going to be fixing them more often than not, which is always the problem with BSO's. At least with the likes of van moof(as an example) its not all the cheapest tat imaginable.

AliC

Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2021
Managed to do a eBay barter on the Nova this morning to get a new one down to £1150 but not taking up the offer now I've seen it in the flesh.

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Looking at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.vanmoof.com doesn't give great confidence in Van Moof.
(I can't see much experience of Van Moof reliability on this site, which would be interesting.)

Shame the Nova was too big for AliC. I'd say look at the Woosh Santana, but I suspect that would be too big as well, and just as heavy. The Nova does seem to have an odd design to make the lowish step through unnecessarily high.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Looking at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.vanmoof.com doesn't give great confidence in Van Moof.
(I can't see much experience of Van Moof reliability on this site, which would be interesting.)

Shame the Nova was too big for AliC. I'd say look at the Woosh Santana, but I suspect that would be too big as well, and just as heavy. The Nova does seem to have an odd design to make the lowish step through unnecessarily high.
The van moof was only an example of whats available for around about the £1500-£2K mark.
Woosh as you say has better trustpilot reviews, but no offence to Woosh, but i dont have confidence in unbranded parts.
Please keep in mind ive been buying and selling bike bits for a couple of decades and riding and building my own for near 30 years so I do know what im wittering on about.
I wouldnt buy a juicy nova if they were paying me.