[Jul 26, 2014] Bristol to Bath Bike Ride (Bristol)

Tim

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2006
London

Bristol to Bath Electric Bike Ride

When: Saturday 26th July at 4pm

Where: 50cycles Electric Bikes, 12-16 Bond Street, Bristol BS1 3LU

What's happening: we'll be setting off on a ride along the Bristol & Bath Railway Path - electric bikes, pedal cycles, trikes, etc, etc, will all be welcome! A small number of bikes from our test fleet will be available on a first-come-first-served basis when registering.

It's a 13-mile ride from end to end and it's likely we'll stop for refreshment in Bath before returning for more refreshments back at our store in Bristol. Here's the schedule for the day:

• 10am Doors open
  • Opening Sale Any remaining bikes in our Discount Corner will be cleared and it'll be the last day of our 5% discount on new bikes.
  • 12pm Bike Ride Registration begins
  • 4pm Bike Ride Starts
  • 8pm Bike ride arrives where it started and we crack open the Scrumpy to help renew our vigour after all that pedalling in the fresh air. Entertainment to be confirmed.
If you have any questions or would like to pre-register for the ride, please contact Jesse, our Store Manager in Bristol, by email or come and see us on the day. Visit our Bristol Electric Bike Showroom page for a map of our location.

Carol, one of our Kalkhoff e-bike owners in Bristol got in touch this week:

"The bike is just wonderful! I am so in love with it. Buying it is the best thing I've done in years. I've done over 100 miles on it in the first week. It's so zippy, I just get around so quickly. It's such a treat, making light of the hills and longer distances. I do love ordinary cycling too, but sometimes you just want to get there quicker and easier.

"I joined the ride from Bristol to Clevedon last weekend, to the Clevedon Bike Festival, 40 miles return. I was really astonished to find that this great distance only used about a third of the battery. This means that cycle touring is seriously possible with the Kalkoff. I will be heading off later in the summer with bivvy bag. I'm just deciding where...

"I'm looking forward to the 50 Cycles shop opening. You have a good location just off the James Barton roundabout. It wasn't easy to find at first (you should market it as being "just across from the Bear Pit - follow the gaze of the Bear"). Everyone knows the Bear, but not everyone knows Bond Street. Jesse has been very helpful and I am going back for various adjustments soon.

If you want me to write a recommendation for the bike, or the shop, or the company, let me know. Or if anyone in Bristol wants to talk with someone who's bought that bike, do put them in touch. Anyway, I love it! Thanks for the inspiration that day."

This is our largest showroom yet and we're looking forward to welcoming current and future electric cyclists. Bristol has all the makings of a great e-bike city, let's make it so!